Teacher discount questions
trythisname
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have spoken or chatted with four representatives from Verizon today.  All provided different answers and none were satisfactory.

I have four lines on my Verizon account.  My wife is a teacher.  The website says that a teacher can get up to $25 per month in discounts.  I converted my account to a less-ridiculously-expensive type of account in August.  The Verizon representative assured me that the teacher discount would be applied to the modified account.  He said it would be $25 per month.

I looked at my bill today and noticed that there was no discount applied.  I spoke with an agent who told me that my wife's teacher discount expired in August and I needed to re-apply for the discount.  One representative told me it would be applied immediately.  Another said 1-2 months.  Another said it would only be fair if I was given a credit for the months I missed.  I don't think the other had any idea what I was saying (not just because he was in another country, but also because the call kept breaking up - service is pretty bad here even though I live in a suburb of a mid-size city).

Then the person on chat told me that the plan I have does not qualify for the teacher discount.  I do not know what to believe, but I know that the only fair thing to do would be to provide me with a $25 per month email retroactive to August, 2022.  If anyone from Verizon reads this, I would appreciate some guidance on what is required to make that happen.

Mike Hicks

0 Likes
Re: Teacher discount questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do have the teachers discount, first step would to revalidate so the profile shows on the account. You can validate and go over the qualifications and discounts available here, https://www.verizon.com/featured/teachers/. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please send us a Private Note.

*Carla

0 Likes
Re: Teacher discount questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trythisname,

The Teacher’s discount is a great way for customers like you to receive an additional discount on our services. I am sorry for the confusion and the back and forth regarding the discount and eligibility, but rest assured, that we are here to help clarify. Being a consumer myself, I understand the importance of transparency.

Our Teacher discount is only available on certain plans. You can see which plans are covered here under #1: https://www.verizon.com/support/teachers-discount-faqs/

I hope this helps clarify plan eligibility. If you have further questions about your plan, we will need to review your account. Please send us a Private Note.

-Mark

0 Likes