Telemarketer calls like crazy??
KathyF1

In the past 30 hours, I have received nearly 25 telemarketer calls to my cell phone.  This has never happened before!  Has anyone else had this problem??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Telemarketer calls like crazy??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, That sure is excessive KathyF1! Are these calls all coming from the same company? Have you recently entered your phone number on any new websites? Are you still receiving these calls?

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Change your number. You can tell verizon about them but they want you to purchase usage controls at $4.99 a month per line. however you get only 20 blocks. if the 35 calls are all different numbers you are out of luck.

there is also a 5 number block for free but its good for 90 days and you have to enter the numbers again for 90 days more.

Verizon is well aware of these phone spammers, and if they say they no nothing about it they are lying. they want customers to buy their blocking services. with all the complaints they receive from their customers about the same calls over and over they should be sued for allowing these spammers from annoying their customers. They are the original Bell System Telephone so if someone here tells you they cannot find out and block these telemarketing spammers they also don't know what they are talking about.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Knitter11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Kathy,

I get them all the time. I have an app that keeps me from ever knowing they called, unless I check the log. It can be found in the Play Store and it's called "Call Control".

You can set the app up to send the calls to voicemail, which I do. Because, there is a rare occasion when it's a call I would have taken if I'd known they weren't a spammer. You can have the call picked up and hung up on. If you have unlimited minutes, you can use this option without worry. But, if you don't have unlimited minutes, I'd just use the "voicemail" option.

Or you can let the call ring, but the ringer is muted.

The downside is you have to add each number one by one. You can't enter a block of numbers. But, I had them each time I get a all from them, so it's not so bad.

The app has loads of other features you might like too, like blocking "Private" or "Unknown" callers, etc.

There are other apps available, but this was the best one I found for me. It was the only one that didn't allow the call to ring once before blocking the call according to my settings. As I said, I have no clue anyone's called, unless I check the log.

Knitter1

paytonpaul

I never been experience it but that is weird and they are really crazy.In Norway i use to be in a telefonsalg or in telemarketing too and we only call one person and annoying people is one of we avoid in order to put away the doubt of people that all the telemarketers are annoying.

0 Likes