Telemarketers
FOREVERMAN

I am curious how and why telemarketers can and are using local phone numbers that are not theirs to make cold telemarketing calls. I have been experiencing this more often. I have called a bunch of these calls back and have found that the actual owner of the number has no idea that someone is making telemarketing calls using their phone number. How is this possible and why does it continue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Telemarketers
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
DigitalIP

Verizon has been cutting down on this lately.

The mobile App PrivacyStar helps greatly with such Number spoofing callers amongst others.

If all else fails you may give that a try

0 Likes
FOREVERMAN

Thanks for your answers. I should have specified that I am using a 3G flip phone not a smart phone. Still it seems like something the carriers should be able to keep from happening at their end. I have even called numbers right back that just called me and get a not in service message for the number. Crazy world.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

FOREVERMAN wrote:

Thanks for your answers. I should have specified that I am using a 3G flip phone not a smart phone. Still it seems like something the carriers should be able to keep from happening at their end. I have even called numbers right back that just called me and get a not in service message for the number. Crazy world.

It's not as easy as you think. Also you'll need to upgrade that flip phone before Dec 31 this year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This process is called spoofing. Here is a link: http://spr.ly/6589EPccN , with more information. JesseM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes