Telephone Support Horror Stories. Anybody have a good one?
robzim

Hi!  Please share your telephone support horror stories.  I spent 30 seconds with an engineer who told me he's connecting me with a second engineer who will send me a network extender if there is an issue with my reception.  then for the good part.  I have been on the phone with a second support engineer for 1 hour and was taken around in circles with questions and kept waiting while he spent the hour entering my issue (reception poor on one side of the house and good on the other side of the house).  I am waiting for his supervisor now.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Telephone Support Horror Stories.  Anybody have a good one?
Snn5
Legend

1.  There are enough horror stories on the forums, check around.

2.  What exactly is your issue with reception?  Just at home or everywhere?  Dead spot or widespread?

0 Likes
robzim

At home, one one side of the house I can get 2 bars, on the other side only 1 bar.  Outside, it's better, but unusable and/or dropped calls / dropped words in the house for the most part.  on the phone now for 1 hour and 10 minutes with phone support!  waiting for the supervisor so the next guy doesn't go through this foolishness; can't tell if the support guys are stupid or just trying to keep you on the phone until they wear you out

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like if you have service outside and spotty inside an extender might help fill that gap.  I know they work, but I had issues with mine as it fought with VoLTE and I couldn't connect to it if I had that enabled, but if you have such lousy service in your home, you wouldn't need to use VoLTE anyway. (Assuming your phone had that capability)

0 Likes
Re: Telephone Support Horror Stories. Anybody have a good one?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You do realize that the way the home is made, windows, topographty, appliances on one side versus another, a tv, building matgerial, materials in another structure next to yours, can make the signal vary around your home just like any other structure. My suggestion is to deal with it...there is hardly anything Verizon can do about it.

0 Likes
robzim

There are network extenders that do indeed "deal with it", I think.  I'd rather be kind than right so I think so, not sure.  They are on the web site if you are interested in learning more.  Very nice product that works with your internet connection to provide a small cell tower in the home.

0 Likes
Re: Telephone Support Horror Stories. Anybody have a good one?
robzim

Just heard that the network extenders are spotty also and posted "Thank you this is very useful, I don't want to waste that much money on something that just doesn't work (the price went up from 99 to 279 and it doesn't work!)   .

I really appreciate the guidance!"

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes