Terrible Data Coverage in Orlando (Verizon's Hometown)
MaxSmart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a prepaid customer, we have S10e and S11FE phones, and our data coverage in the Orlando area (Verizon's hometown) is TERRIBLE. Especially on my S11FE, which is 5G. While our phones show 1-3 bars in most of places, the data connection is NOT working.

* The S10e (non-5G) actually has marginally BETTER data coverage - sometimes its data works on 4G while the S10FE is connected to 5G and gets nothing (I read that there's no way to disable 5G on Verizon, I thought getting a 5G phone would improve my connection, guess the opposite is true!).

* Most of the west side or Orlando (southern Winter Garden) is NO DATA.

* Southwest (Disney area) is very spotty. Indoors anywhere, forget about it. 

I don't give a **** about all this hyped nonsense about 8K video streaming - I just need my google maps, web browsing, and apps to work! Since phones are (idiotically) doing all their voice processing online despite the powerful processors in the phones, if the data connection is down or weak, you're totally boned trying to do anything while driving ("Find a gas station along my route!" -> "SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH THE CONNECTION"). 

Is there something I can do on my phones to improve the connection? Or is Verizon just over-crowding its towers and deprioritizing us because we're on Verizon Prepaid?

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Data Coverage in Orlando (Verizon's Hometown)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaxSmart, we always want to help make sure that you are able to get the best service possible when able and you can count on us to be here for you. So we can continue, I will be sending you a Private Note. *Jose

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Data Coverage in Orlando (Verizon's Hometown)
MaxSmart
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so you told me to contact the customer sevice people for Verizon Prepaid via facebook. But what is their facebook page/name? 

0 Likes