Terrible Reception / Signal Northern WI
jloandi97

I live in the Milwaukee area but have a cottage in northern WI, zip code 54462.  When I am up there I have 1-2 "bars" of service, but my ability to text and use data is very hit or miss.  For example, this weekend, a holiday weekend, I could not text or use data at all.  It is hilly, but I'm not talking mountains of anything.  

How do I find out what the local coverage is, where the actual nearest Verizon tower(s) are, and what my options are to get decent service?  My guess is that the more users there are, hence my mention of the holiday weekend in northern WI, the more taxed the limited service becomes.  I'm not looking for the generic coverage map that Verizon publishes, I'm interested in understanding exactly where the tower is that services my location.

I'd also like to know what Verizon is doing to enhance remote areas of states where there is currently limited or no reliable service.  

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Reception / Signal Northern WI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have service no matter where you are located, jloandi97. What exactly is happening when you notice issues with texts or data? What speeds are you noticing while at the cottage? Here is a link for a speedtest: http://spr.ly/6604zooGG Looking forward to hearing back.

-Chris

0 Likes
jloandi97

The speed is zero since I cannot use data or sent or receive text messages.  I do get references to "no internet available".  Its not just my phone, I have two phones and a Verizon hot spot, and my family also has this issue with their Verizon devices.

Where specifically are the towers around Rollingstone Lake?  Are they getting overloaded?  What is happening here?  

0 Likes
jloandi97
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know. How far are you from the lake itself? The reason I ask is because large bodies of water can cause the signal to be reflected and repeated which can cause service issues if you are in too close of a proximity.

*Alfredo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sending us the link. However, I am not able to view the map using the link provided. 

*Alfredo

0 Likes
jloandi97

We have a cottage on the lake, but the issue happens in and around the general area.  I'm really curious where the cell towers are and how many there are.  The address is N Rollingstone Lake Road, Pearson, WI 54462.  There are also areas near there that I can only get 3G service.  Are there boosters or plans to upgrade the Verizon technology in my area?

Issues with reception are compounded on weekends, especially busy holiday weekends like we just had over the 4th.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That helps to know. Local events can cause issues with network traffic. Do you happen to have Wi-Fi at your cottage?

-Chris

0 Likes