Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terrible coverage in Los Angeles area
VerizonNeedsToImprove

I have lived in the LA area for 3 years, had 2 workplaces, I've lived in 2 houses in different areas, and have used a total of 4 phones on Verizon (iPhone and Android). Each of these areas is highly populated but not insanely densely populated (single-family home neighborhoods) - i.e. areas where you would expect strong cell signal. None of these locations have had acceptable cell phone signal, including outdoors. It is incredibly frustrating. My phone typically shows 1-2 bars of 4G LTE, but even with 2 bars the signal is so weak that I effectively have no data connection.

It is also incredibly frustrating that this forum is the only way to actually provide feedback about this. I am 99.9% certain that my feedback will have absolutely no impact. 

Re: Terrible coverage in Los Angeles area
ozbej

Exact same issue for us. West LA sitting at 1-2 bars of LTE with zero 5g reception around the entire area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ozbej, we always want you to have the best possible signal. Allow us to please help. What zip code are you in? Do you have problems with calls, texts or data? What make/model phone are you using?  -Alicia

0 Likes
itsorange

My issue is in 91016. Calls drop. And data is terrible in the downtown area of Monrovia. We use an iPhone SE and iPhone 12 Pro.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you happy with your Verizon services, itsorange. May we ask when did you first start seeing issues occur? Does it happen indoors and/or outdoors there? 

-Christine

0 Likes
itsorange

It’s been this way for a while. In downtown Monrovia it doesn’t matter if your inside or out. The worst affected area is Colorado between Myrtle and Ivy. In general I don’t think it matters if you’re inside or out. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, itsorange. We want to make sure you have the best service experience on our network. Let's help you get this issue resolved. We have sent you a Private Note to get started. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
johnjoliet1

What the h*ll has happened in the 90024 area recently?  I used to get 5 bars on my phone near UCLA and have perfect coverage;  in the past month or so, 1-2 bars and TERRIBLE coverage.  Did they take out a bunch of cell towers or what?!!!  Also, why is it suddenly that when i have two voicemails of 45 seconds total length i get a message my voicemail is 100% full?!  What a joke.  I'm sure there is some premium service for sale to "upgrade" my voicemail box.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to ensure you are always connected as expected and that you are able to receive voicemails, johnjoliet1. I am here for support and happy to help! 
Could you please provide more details about what happens when you make a call, try to load a website/app, or make a call when experiencing issues? 

When calling your voicemail directly (*86), do you have any stored or saved messages (aside from the 2 new ones)? Standard voicemails hold up to 40 messages total.

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Greatballs

I've been with Verizon since 2008 and up to about 2-3 years now, it seems Verizon has just gotten worse. My text messages sometimes are not sent out and for some reason my voicemails seem to come a day or week later. The competitors offer a better deal with unlimited while we're paying more for dropped calls, unsent text messages, delayed voicemails, and areas with little to no reception. I use to boast to my friends Verizon is the best too. It's very frustrating. This was why I switched from ATT to Verizon back then. I think I might have to switch carriers now, especially considering I'm paying $53/mo for 1 GB of data. :*(

0 Likes