Terrible service in town
gjebg

I work in one of the most commercially active parts of a university town and the Verizon service here is absolutely terrible. I have tried to find a Verizon number to call to try to complain and find out if they are planning on building any new towers in the area. I know that AT&T has great service where I work, but no one with Verizon can ever get a reliable signal. Most of the time I have zero reception and only occasionally do I even have enough signal to sent and receive text messages.

Is there any way to improve the signal? Is there anyone with Verizon that I can speak with about the issue? If there are no plans for them to improve their coverage area, I will be force to switch to AT&T like everyone else in my office.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible service in town
oreo1215

Yup, they want you to spend another couple hundred dollars on a network extender to boost the poor signal now and in return 2 years down the road your phone and your network extender will be obsolete and you will need to buy a new phone that is WiMax compatible but will never use because they still will be building the infrastructure and will tell you to buy another range extender so that you can get signal.  I'm starting to wonder what it is that Verizon is really providing, they don't have the towers so you have to provide your own infrastructure to get a signal and the buy the phone and then pay for the service too.....  Does anyone see the next microsoft here???  I think we may all have been better off never cutting the cords in the first place and waiting for fiber optic to be extended out.

0 Likes
Re: Terrible service in town
charlieandcarter

No there is no one at Verizon you can speak to. Except to call their technical support and they don't know anything. A lot of very nice people who try to be very helpful. We live out here in the country and there's a Verizon tower close by. But our service is poor. We constantly lose the internet for hours, sometimes we lose it in the morning and it doesn't come back til late at night. And then we get the big bills. There's no point trying to call anyone at Verizon about the problem. The execs at the top know all about it.  Just keep paying your monthly bills. They hope you won't figure it out.

0 Likes