Texas / Oklahoma Panhandle Signal Quality
ok_panhandler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Signal quality out here is not what it used to be.

We don't have 4G, but the 3G data speeds used to be adequate for basic email/web browsing and simple apps. Text messages must be resent about 90% of the time, and voice quality is also horrible now. Every other word seems to get lost in a conversation. This is probably the most frustrating.

I have been told that a local telephone company trying to test out their 4g network and not knowing what they are doing is partially to blame. I'm not sure how accurate that is. Maybe Verizon could look into this? If so, talk to the FCC?

I have been keeping my fingers crossed that Verizon was tinkering with the towers in order to upgrade them to 4G, but that's just the optimist in me. I have no idea where to better submit a trouble ticket. I am told calling in to complain will get a routine script.. so maybe this post will get some attention... Can someone can look into the signal quality out here???

Labels (1)
Re: Texas / Oklahoma Panhandle Signal Quality
Ehldar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just posted a discussion very similar to this. I'm from the Oklahoma Panhandle, and the lack of service is absurd.  I heard from someone that worked for PTCI that the towers are hooked up with 4G capability, they just aren't turning it on. He had no idea why they wouldn't. (As most people in the area know, PTCI and Verizon share towers).I'm honestly thinking about switching service.  I'm wasting money paying for data I can't use.

jts7896
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree data service is horrible. I hope they do something soon. One of my lines is eligible for disconnect and we're seriously considering doing away with them since the data is worthless. If Liberal, Kan., can have awesome 4G service, I don't see why we can't.

0 Likes
jts7896
Enthusiast - Level 2

I submitted a complaint on Verizon's FB page and they were very responsive, although the canned answer wasn't really what I was hoping for. They recommended a signal booster for phone reception, which requires home Internet service and has nothing to do with data. They also recommend I check this page frequently - http://bit.ly/xVecuo

That is completely useless since it only says whether or not an area has 4G, not whether it is coming to an area. I will know by the data service I receive on my phone when we have 4G. It was worth a shot and I'm letting it go now that I've had my two cents.

VZW Response to Guymon Network Issues.JPG

0 Likes