Text Message "VZW FREE MESSAGE"
LoriSim

I recently installed the Verizon Smart Family App because I had a person literally STALKING ME - so I blocked her. Then she tried to get creative and block her number so it could get through to my phone as a "Restricted" or "Private" number.  I found relief in the Verizon Smart Family App because it allows you to block Restricted & Private numbers.  However, I feel this person is STILL trying to get to my phone; despite my tireless efforts to BLOCK her... And in the past 24 hours I have received MULTIPLE text messages (*one after the next) from

VZW FREE MESSAGE:  You cannot send messages to destinations that are blocked by the account owner.

So I am wondering if this crazy person is STILL trying to contact me, despite my efforts to BLOCK her.... Is my App working? Is this crazy person getting that message too?  IF so, that's great, but WHY do I keep getting it?  As I am sitting her typing this question, I just got that same text AGAIN. Please advise ASAP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Message "VZW FREE MESSAGE"
deloused
Master - Level 3

That could happen if she still knows your phone number. Changing to a different number would stop that

0 Likes
Re: Text Message "VZW FREE MESSAGE"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LoriSim, as your wireless provider, we are very happy to provide you with the tools that can assist in relieving any unwanted calls or text messages. Help is here. My apologies for asking this question as I understand the person attempting to reach you is a nuisance but are you also attempting to text message this person back? Which text messaging application are you using on your device? What is your device make/model? 

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes