Text to email from @vzwpix.com
ASHFOW42
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last few days my husbands text messages come across to my email from  his number @vzwpix.com. How can I stop this from happening? All send/receive settings on the iPhones are set to just use our phone numbers.

Labels (1)
Re: Text to email from @vzwpix.com
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What messaging application is he using?  Is it an SMS (simple text) or MMS (multi-media/pictures/group)?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
ASHFOW42
Enthusiast - Level 2

He is just sending a text, they should be coming over as an imessage or just a regular text but instead push to my email with a .txt. format

marshallp_vzw
Verizon Employee

It is definitely strange that this is happening with your incoming text messages, ASHFOW42. I would be concerned as to why I am getting that email address as the sender instead of a mobile number. Let's troubleshoot this concern together. jav6 had some great questions. Is your husband using the standard messaging app on the iPhone? What model iPhone does he have? Just to clarify, is it all SMS messages or MMS (picture/video) messages as well? I know you stated this started the last couple days, has he made any changes to his device since then? Such as a software update, app update, or new app?

MarshallP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

FORGOTTEN_LORE_STUDIO
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been happening to me, as well, except for texts from my boss. I have no idea any details of his phone or apps or anything. Just tonight my daughter had the same thing happen with a newly created group chat with her small group; it all went to her email. Following this post!

lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

FORGOTTEN.LORE.STUDIO, I can certainly understand how it can be challenging it can be to receive texts from an email address as opposed to a phone number. Help is here. When did this start to occur? Have you made any recent changes to your phone?

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

ASHFOW42
Enthusiast - Level 2

He replaced his phone through Asurion recently and it has happened since that. He had backed his phone up so the settings should have all stayed the same but I did go in and make sure his message settings only allowed sending and receiving from his phone number and mine are the same.

This has only been happening I would say for the last 2 weeks.

0 Likes
Sunrise77

The same thing happens to me with group messages from some of my ND relatives.  I know nothing about their phones or recent changes they may have made.  The emails show .txt files attached but the files can't be opened.  Very frustrating to know they tried to contact me but I can't read/see any of the messages that were supposed to be texts.

0 Likes
Oubull
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue from a colleague.

Has anyone been able to track down a solution?

ngrovhou

It happens to mine as well I did update to iOS 13.4

0 Likes