Texts sent from website are half cut-off
tigress7

Hi! I'm in Canada and my friend is a Verizon customer in the USA. I can text him from the online form but more often than not, the texts arrive cut off. Sometimes he only gets the first letter of the entire text. This isn't a character-limit issue as the form limits characters.  It is frustrating to say the least. Has anyone else had this problem, and/or can you help resolve it? Many thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts sent from website are half cut-off
Not applicable

Many times when you send a text from the web or from an email program the character count far exceeds the 160 limit imposed on that text. so you either get the first part of a message or just goobly gook from the subject line and a few lines of the message.

I know that on some phones if you change it to a Multimedia Message (MMS) the whole message comes in either all together or in multiple messages. Text messages have that 160 limit.

Hope that helped ?

0 Likes
tigress7

Hi Elector!

The form counts characters, so going over is impossible. Even when I send a very short message it arrives with only one or two words, sometimes not even the entire word. Also, there is no subject line or option to change format. The website is https://web.vma.vzw.com/vtext/guest/Dashboard.do if that helps. Thanks for the fast reply but it doesn't help 😉

(Example: I sent "Good morning, arrived at my destination" and all that was received was "G")

0 Likes
Not applicable

tigress7 wrote:

Hi Elector!

The form counts characters, so going over is impossible. Even when I send a very short message it arrives with only one or two words, sometimes not even the entire word. Also, there is no subject line or option to change format. The website is https://web.vma.vzw.com/vtext/guest/Dashboard.do if that helps. Thanks for the fast reply but it doesn't help 😉

(Example: I sent "Good morning, arrived at my destination" and all that was received was "G")

I am sorry this did not help. Did you try sending the text message from a cell phone? Did that have all the characters ?

Did you try sending as an email? in example mobilenumberorname@vtext.com  and then see if all the characters came through. Do you have access to another cell phone and see if that has the same problem?

If my help was not good enough then you will have to see if anyone else has a better option.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried sending the texts to the person's phone number with the extension vzwpix.com (i.e., 5551234567@vzwpix.com)?  Rather than sending from Verizon's web-based text portal, you could send it via your e-mail or via your phone's text app.  If the recipient doesn't have a text package, they will be charged for photo messages upon receipt, by the way, if you use the vzwpix.com route.

0 Likes
tigress7

Thanks for the reply - I don't want to have my friend incur charges, nor do I have international texting from my cell phone (the reason for my using the website form in the first place).  He can, however, receive texts from others who do have plans and is experiencing no trouble with entire messages coming through.

This is obviously a problem with the website - how can we get someone at Verizon to answer the problem?

Thank you!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to e-mail your friend until the issue is resolved.  This is a customer-to-customer forum, but Verizon reps do occasionally pop in and respond.  However, since they don't respond to every post and even when they do respond, it can take a while, you may want to do a Chat with Verizon about the issue, i.e., go to the top of the page and click on Contact Us.  Under Get in Touch, click the blue View More.  On the left-hand side, click the red Chat Now whenever it's available.  Good luck.

0 Likes