Thank you for 7.5 years!
bpalmer5369
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a customer for 7.5 years and have paid over $13,000 dollars during this time period to your company. I have a broken phone with a cracked screen. I called to replace it and was told I have a 125 dollar deductible. Which was never explained to me. I was told if I lose it or break it I would get a new phone. Besides that I have been treated horribly by your customer service team, One of the phones on my account it eligible for an upgrade in September  of this year. I can not get anyone to work with me on an early upgrade. After being such a loyal customer for so long I have decided to take my business elsewhere. I am sure no one will miss my 150 dollars a month, not a big deal to a large company.e

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Thank you for 7.5 years!
Tidbits
Legend

When you leave keep in mind you will have the same thing happen no matter which company you go with. Best of luck with your new carrier.

bpalmer5369
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get that, switching out of principal at this point. After loyalty and alot of money I would expect some leeway.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Not so loyal a customer then. These are all agreements you signed. What does loyal mean exactly in this context - you were only paying your contractual agreement, and Verizon was providing its contractual agreement in service.

bpalmer5369
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get that, but I also didn't sign up and stay with them for so long to be lied to. I get it it is my responsibilty to read the fine print, but when the sales person tells you if your phone is lost, stolen, broken we will replace it.  You tentd to believe that. No mention of a deductable. So I paid my $9 per month for the last several years, Never had to replace a phone early until now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If it was about  principles you wouldn't go to any carrier knowing they'd do the same thing. So don't use the principles argument.

When you signed up for insurance within the first 14 days you'd get a brochure telling you everything about the insurance in the mail. If you read it you could have cancelled it. You'd get the same thing from all carriers(they all use Assurant/Assurion).

Tidbits
Legend

Also I have never ran into any insurance where there was no deductible to be paid of some sort.  Some cheaper than others, some call it a processing fee instead of deductible. 

bpalmer5369
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all you obviously work for Verizon so I can understand your bias. Principals mean alot to me personally and are important in my line of work,so is doing the right thing.  If I knew another carrier would do the same thing I would not switch. However I have not been with another carrier in nearly 8 years so I will give it a try. As far as the insurance like I said I should have read the fine print. I take ownership of that. Just like I take ownership for dropping my phone. Just asking to try and work something out and allow me to upgrade 2 months early. Wouldn't have thought that would be this difficult to do after being a good paying customer for so long.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

bpalmer5369 wrote:

First of all you obviously work for Verizon so I can understand your bias. Principals mean alot to me personally and are important in my line of work,so is doing the right thing.  If I knew another carrier would do the same thing I would not switch. However I have not been with another carrier in nearly 8 years so I will give it a try. As far as the insurance like I said I should have read the fine print. I take ownership of that. Just like I take ownership for dropping my phone. Just asking to try and work something out and allow me to upgrade 2 months early. Wouldn't have thought that would be this difficult to do after being a good paying customer for so long.

Care to wager I have no affiliation with Verizon, or any carrier for that matter.  If principals really means a lot to you then you KNOWING other carriers doing the same you'd do the exact same thing with them.  You have really loose principals.  If it were me and I felt the way you do I wouldn't be with any carrier service simply out of principals.  You use principals only when it benefits you.  If you were honestly taking ownership you wouldn't expect someone to bend over backwards for you.  If someone chose to that'll be great, but if no one does well it's to be expected.

Just some things about me.  I have all the major carrier services for at least 17 years each except for Sprint(dropped them 6 years ago based on principal which no other carrier has done to date.  Long story).  Only once I have gotten an early upgrade and that was ironically from Verizon, and it was honestly because they extended my contract by accident 8 month, and they rolled it back and let me upgrade 4 months early.  Believe that was 6 years ago.  T-Mobile will NEVER let you upgrade early now.  You buy your devices outright so you are SOL and you pay a deductible for insurance if you have it.  The other carriers if you search their customer boards you will get the same complaints, and some people claim to be with their respective carriers 5+ years.  Smiley Happy I do go to their boards and check it out.  You'll probably run into me there too.

0 Likes
bpalmer5369
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also when it comes to warranties/insurance typically there are different levels of coverage. My auto insurance i 0 deductible (of course I pay more for that) As well as my extended warranty on my truck 0 deductible. Paid extra for that as well. So it is possible.

0 Likes