The Edge program.... What a joke!
Kleiphart

I had to get a new phone, called asked what they could do.  They up'ed my gigs to 10Gig... and told me to go on the Edge program.  He told me how it all works. sounded good. Didnt believe it, so I said I would call back, had to research it.  Called back 2 more times, they kept saying the same thing.  Ased every question possible.  so Apple wanted 279.00 for a new phone. but the Verizon was better with what they were telling me.  I got a gold iPhone 6. 64gig.  told me I would get a 25.00 service credit.  they would bill me 31.47 a month for 24 months for the phone. so for like 6.00 a month I got a Iphone6.   I called back up, they did the switching of the phones.  I had to use my husbands upgrade...  No issue... everything went through.  I got the phone.

I get my billing today......   No 25.00 credit.  I call, they said because his is not a iphone they can not issued the 25.00 credit per month on his phone.
WHAT???  are you kidding me???   nope.  cant do nothing. Now NO ONE in 3 phone calls to them said anything about it not being an Iphone so it wont work! NO ONE!!!!!   I am soooooooooooooooo pissed.  I have 6 phones with verizon pay 400.00 a month. + my FIOS.  I have been with Verizon for both for 20+yrs.. never late on a bill, never a claim NOTHING.........  and they can not help me??  So I have to pay for the phone because its more than the 15 day return policy.  I have a 2 yr contract....... and they have me where it counts cuz I signed the contract.   I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  upset and mad at Verizon right now.       
Anyone have any ideas what I can do???  They lied to me, and now I get the shaft because they make you agree to all these contracts and you cant see you bill for a month.    I think im gonna talk to an atty.....   This is just NOT right!   so instead of me paying 279.99 for a phone from apple....  Im paying 749.00 for a phone.   ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  

Please let me knwo if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this.   Beware when switching your plan.  The Edge is not what it is cracked up to be, and the CS peple will tell you anything to see a phone.  Unlike Apple because they are not commision based.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The Edge program.... What a joke!
mama23dogs
Legend

I Don't know what you are talking about.  The line credit will kick in next month.

IT doesn't matter what phone you buy on the Edge program, as long as you are on a 10 GB or more plan you get a $25 line discount.

i Don't know why it is delayed a month.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

BTW,

IT doesn't matter where you buy the phone, it still costs $749 or more for the iPhone.  You either pay offer time with Edge, or you pay by paying the $279 upfront and $40 per month for your line (the additional $25 pays for the rest of the phone. $600 + 279 = 879)

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Absolutey agree with mama23dogs, when you do the math and how much you will actually pay total over 24 months, Edge comes out cheaper by over $100.  Plus it is even cheaper up front. 

pherson
Champion - Level 1

I believe what the op means is that since the iphone is not IN USE on her husbands line, that is why the credit is not being applied. You cant get a phone on edge and move it to another line and expect the line discount.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Think she is very confused about how the edge program works with line discounts.

IF her line is still under an older, 2 year contract, and still is, she wouldn't get a discount on her line.  However, his line would have record of the Edge purchase and the discount, even if the phone is activated on her line.  Unless this is a loop hole Verizon has already plugged.

It still has nothing to do with which phone was purchased.   And I still wonder if she actually used Edge to purchase, or if she signed up for another 2 year subsidized plan (which I strongly suspect)