The Verizon Plan
ryann1

I am a current Verizon customer.  I am looking at the new Verizon plans and comparing them to my current More Everything plan.  When I shop for a plan as a guest it shows the 6 GB Verizon plan plus 1 phone line as $80 a month, but when I'm logged into my Verizon account and I compare the plans it shows the new 6 GB Verizon plan with 1 phone line as $100.  Why is this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The Verizon Plan
Snn5
Legend

If you are under contract, the line access is $40, the new plan is $20 for customers out of contract.  There's your missing $20 difference.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It appears your line is still under contract. If you switch to the Verizon Plan while still under contract, you will continue to pay a $40/month line access fee UNTIL you complete your contract. That is why you see the $100 cost when you are logged in. Once you complete your contract, your monthly line access fee will drop to $20, bringing your total cost to the $80 you see when you are not logged in.

Patpatschleg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not on contract and I have to pay 40.00.    Why aren't I paying 20.00 a line

0 Likes
Patpatschleg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you an employee or agent

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A Verizon rep will be indicated by 

NAME_VZW

and

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Patpatschleg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure what exactly this means.    

"A Verizon rep will be indicated by 

NAME_VZ

and

https://community.verizonwireless.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-1322642-7754/Capture.PNG"

Is someone going to be contacting me?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Anytime you see "_VZW" after a name, that is a rep from vzw.  The photo was an example of their avatar.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

When did you get your most recent phone, and how much did you pay approx. 

if your phone was obtained less than 2 years ago, it is a smartphone, and you paid lies than $300, you are on contract most likely.

The the way to understand the new plans is there is 3 components,

1) how much data

2) access charge for each line

3) payment for phone

New customers will almost always need a new phone, so they are not paying $80/month as you say, but must also add in the cost of a phone, which is on average $20 to $25 per month (but can be more for top of the line phones).  That brings the cost right around $100.

IF you are already a customer and received a phone at low cost, you are are paying back that phone over 2 years with a higher cost of service.  in that case the data is still $60, and you can look at the access fee as still $20, and another $20 for the phone until the subsidy is paid off in 2 years.