There is no connection at my workplace.
GERJAC13

Signal is obviously there and relatively strong, but there is no actual internet connection. It also seems to randomly have a connection every now and then but its always gone almost immediately. It's a fairly common problem at the workplace.

Zip code is 84302.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: There is no connection at my workplace.
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Some sort of interference is at your workplace.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GERJAC13

Since I can't edit the post, the question I have is how can I get a stable connection or stronger signal without having to buy a very expensive signal booster?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

it's odd to have a signal but no connection. Sure it's not your device? your deice is saying there is a strong signal but you still don't have a connection? Unless there is something wrong with your device if there is strong signal it would connect. it's when you lose signal that you lose connection. Just a zip code is too broad. You could have multiple towers in a zip code. Also depends on the building your in. A building with al ot of metal and concrete will kill a signal

0 Likes
GERJAC13

It is very odd that there's strong signal but no actual connection, I don't think it could be my device since it has been this way for a long time and for multiple devices. There are large metal buildings close by and signal is worse inside them. That would make sense except for the signal isn't being blocked, it shows that I am connected and have 4/5 bars, 4G LTE, all that.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

GERJAC13 wrote:

It is very odd that there's strong signal but no actual connection, I don't think it could be my device since it has been this way for a long time and for multiple devices. There are large metal buildings close by and signal is worse inside them. That would make sense except for the signal isn't being blocked, it shows that I am connected and have 4/5 bars, 4G LTE, all that.

Well metal will block signal but it will also deflect signal and could be causing multi-path interference. Which will show your signal as strong but confuse the heck out your antenna. Similar situations happen with Tv and radio signals

0 Likes
GERJAC13

So how do I un-confuse the device or troubleshoot this issue? Sounds like something that could be fixed with the right knowledge.

0 Likes
zangy_vzw
Verizon Employee

I certainly want you to have reliable service, GERJAC13. Unfortunately, we can not guarantee indoor services due to many factors that can impact the service such as equipment, weather, topography and other environmental considerations associated with radio technology also affect service. We definitely want to do everything we can to help improve the service. What's the make/model of the phone? How's the service when you are outside or away from the area? Are you able to run a speedtest at the impacted location? If so, please post the result here.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

GERJAC13 wrote:

So how do I un-confuse the device or troubleshoot this issue? Sounds like something that could be fixed with the right knowledge.

If it is in fact multi-path the only way to eliminate it is to remove the buildings causing it.

0 Likes
GERJAC13

The phone is a Galaxy S7 Edge, the service away from the area is better, if I drive away from work a little ways, service will return. I am unable to run a speed test or connect to the internet in any way, even though it says that signal is at least 3 bars at all times. It also usually shows that it is connected to the 4G network as well.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Some sort of interference is at your workplace.

0 Likes