There should be a forum just for the idiotic new policy on Data plans
saxchic7

I had an LG voyager, but it broke. I have found out that if I want to get the EXACT same phone I had, I would have to get a data plan with it. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS:

This phone has a terrible, primitive internet interface

so there is ABSOLUTELY no reason it should have to have a data plan included, it's only a way for Verizon to make more money.

I hope that people leave Verizon for this and go to another network, NONE of which make you get a ridiculous data plan for a simple texting phone.

You suck Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: There should be a forum just for the idiotic new policy on Data plans
bultar

I  absolutely agree 100%!!! It is totally wrong to make someone pay a monthly fee for something they will NOT use. I need to try to find where I can write a BIG complaint.

0 Likes
hmitche1

There is  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=257808747739

You can vent with others like us and get some 3rd party info as well

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Either you misunderstand the person or they were wrong. The voyager doesn't require any sort of a data package. The EnvTouch, which is very similar does, but the voyager does not and will not as Verizon is not longer selling it.

When it broke, do you mean, like dropped and broke and you're doing an insurance claim? Or broke, like warranty problems(software mostly)? I know people that had to do and insurance claim for the Voyager and got it replaced with an EnvTouch because Asurion didn't have any Voyagers in stock. If that is the case then you shouldn't have to pay of the data package either, since Asurion gave you the phone...

0 Likes
fonger
Enthusiast - Level 3

The LG Voyager does not requires a data plan.

I called Verizon Customer Service and asked if the LG Dare or the LG Voyager requires the data plan and was told no, the reps. who said this had to put me on hold while they went and looked it up on some list that they have.

I did had the same response as you did on one of my calls.  The 1st rep. that I talked to just told me right away that the Dare does requires data package, he didn't make any attempt to check, just told me right away that it does.  At the same time he encouraged me to renew my contract and get a newer phone.

My guess is that it may be possible that the rep. just flat out lied, if he can convinced me that the cost of activating the old phone is the same as getting a new phone then maybe I'll just sign up for another 2 yrs.  Either that or he was just plain lazy and ignorant of the company's policy and plan.

0 Likes
ham10814
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think as more and more people go to upgrade their phones, they are discovering the bologna that is being fed to them by Verizon representatives.  It's all about the money!!

0 Likes
kev123

My daughters Voyager broke last week. It was not dropped the screens went blank slowly over time(a week). By the time I was able to bring it to the store it was totally useless. This is when I was informed about Verizon new plan to pay for their 3G network. The phone has been out of warranties for about three months and if I got the Voyager or almost any other phone it came with the data plan.

With a 12 year old girl I do not want to have unlimited use of the internet. She does a lot of texting and the other phone are not good for that. In August My other three phones are up for renewal and unless Verizon does something about their plans I will be leaving them. My family does texting we do not need the internet!!!!! 

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

fonger wrote:

The LG Voyager does not requires a data plan.

I called Verizon Customer Service and asked if the LG Dare or the LG Voyager requires the data plan and was told no, the reps. who said this had to put me on hold while they went and looked it up on some list that they have.

Dare and Voyager no longer available. Replaced with EnVTouch and Chocolate Touch... which DO require a data package.

I did had the same response as you did on one of my calls.  The 1st rep. that I talked to just told me right away that the Dare does requires data package, he didn't make any attempt to check, just told me right away that it does.  At the same time he encouraged me to renew my contract and get a newer phone.

He wanted the commission and saw you as an easy target. Do not do a phone upgrade over the phone. Online and instore are much better options.

My guess is that it may be possible that the rep. just flat out lied, if he can convinced me that the cost of activating the old phone is the same as getting a new phone then maybe I'll just sign up for another 2 yrs.  Either that or he was just plain lazy and ignorant of the company's policy and plan.

He was just trying to get easy cash, which SUCKS and is horrible practice. I would have gotten his name and reported.

0 Likes