Never received promised gift cards
DBOSKO03
Enthusiast - Level 1

They told me I would receive a gift card for every line I ported over! I ported 4 lines and I never received my promised gift cards!  They make promises and don't keep them.  Breech of contract!  I talked to atleast 5 different representatives and they all have a different story or say they took care of the problem and your gift cards are being expedited!  garbage!  It's been 5 months.  The store that I went to to port my lines don't give you all the facts on the charges to set-up, port your lines, etc.  You get wacked with a huge bill when you sign up with Verizon.  They terrible you in with empty promises.  The service is not that great either.  Keep an good eye on your bill because they sneak in charges.

Re: Never received promised gift cards
lawnboy011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had the exact same thing happen to me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lawnboy011, we want to welcome you to the Verizon family. Making sure you receive the promotional gift cards that you qualify for is important. Allow us the opportunity to review the details of your concern. Can you please let us know when you ported over your phone numbers? Also, can you please confirm that you have submitted the submission request to receive the promotional gift cards (https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/)?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Mannyandjen
Enthusiast - Level 2

They did this to us as well!  We ported two lines in November and we were promised $200 gift cards for each lines, and an additional $90 for each lines.  The fees of switching and the first two bills were ridiculous; don't even think of porting your Iwatch because it cost us additional to transfer it!  How is this allowed?! We regret ever switching to this service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mannyandjen, we want to be sure you get the most out of joining Verizon Wireless. We did find the promotion we had back in November 2019. With this promotion, did you ever visit our rebate center site and enter the promo code? If you did, you can easily check the status of the promo here with this link. https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/check-my-status

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
97shlude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, promised 150 per line to switch and after many hours of complaining now have received 100 per line gift card. They make promises to get you past point of cancellation then hang you. Took my old phones now only option is to pay too much for phones or wait two years on their horrible service and customer support. Rate them about a 0

DSL69
Enthusiast - Level 2

They lied to me too.  Verizon scams you by signing you up with the promise of $500 per line when you bring your own device, and then later on looses that promotion they promised you.  I know this is happening with others too.  How is Verizion allowed to continue to con people?

DSL69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why not just promise people $100000 per phone they bring over?  Then you can con people properly like those emails from princes from Nigeria.

Kkh2142
Enthusiast - Level 1

They just did the same thing to me. They said “ false advertisement is illegal but not when we do it “ if I changed to Verizon as I did I was was supposed to recive a 300 master gift card via email I was even on the phone with the “promotion team “ for three hours last week who went and said that on July 18th the virtual card would be in my email.  Now some manager today said I was lied to and I can’t believe advertising bc they don’t follow it 

im really going to Cancel this service so many people have the same issue.

ReynaTomasek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I came here because I’m at my breaking point with this scandalous company! Not only did they not give us our trade in value for our phones at first and we’re trying to charge us thousands of dollars on our first bill …They did the same thing to us! We were promised $200 each line in gift cards by the person who switched us over the phone for switching our lines from AT&T to here! After about two months when we realized we never got the email we were promised with the gift cards we called in. We were told that “it still should be coming” and that we should wait for the email a few more weeks…. When nothing ever came , we ended up calling back in and that’s what I was told that now our gift cards have been expired that we never received! I was like wait what the heck what?? After being put on hold like 10 times and 1.5 hour long conversation we were told that they would escalate it to a different department and then it would take a few weeks for them to reach back out to us … they never did! We even texted back the guy who signed us up because we were texting back-and-forth to do the contract! And we have proof in our texts with him that we were supposed to get $400 total. I’ve gone as far as writing down the names of the people I’ve spoken with in the dates that they told me to follow back up by “if we don’t hear back” up in my calendar. Today I called because we were never… yeah you guessed it were followed back up with…, then I was told by this manager when the call was escalated that ., The other escalation I was told to wait a month for was denied, and no one even bothered to call us and tell us why … and then this Manager had the audacity to tell us they will only be giving us $100 per line credit because we did not do what we were supposed to do! Huh?! No we actually have spent hours on the phone trying to get what you promised us to switch over and uproot our phone lines to your company! We were misinformed over and over and over again by many different reps and just told to sit and wait for weeks and then months! I am absolutely shocked to see that this is happened other people and continues to happen! How dare they make false promises that they don’t intend to keep and false business practices. It’s not our fault if they have untrained employees. I’m at the point if they don’t call me back in the 72 hours they said they would give me the $400 that they promised.