Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
They lied and told me I would receive a gift card for every line I ported over! I ported 4 lines and I never received my promised gift cards!!
DBOSKO03

They make promises and don't keep them.  Breech of contract!  I talked to atleast 5 different representatives and they all have a different story or say they took care of the problem and your gift cards are being expedited!  garbage!  It's been 5 months.  The store that I went to to port my lines don't give you all the facts on the charges to set-up, port your lines, etc.  You get wacked with a huge bill when you sign up with Verizon.  They terrible you in with empty promises.  The service is not that great either.  Keep an good eye on your bill because they sneak in charges.

Re: They lied and told me I would receive a gift card for every line I ported over! I ported 4 lines and I never received my promised gift cards!!
lawnboy011

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. 

0 Likes
Re: They lied and told me I would receive a gift card for every line I ported over!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

lawnboy011, we want to welcome you to the Verizon family. Making sure you receive the promotional gift cards that you qualify for is important. Allow us the opportunity to review the details of your concern. Can you please let us know when you ported over your phone numbers? Also, can you please confirm that you have submitted the submission request to receive the promotional gift cards (https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/)?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Re: They lied and told me I would receive a gift card for every line I ported over! I ported 4 lines and I never received my promised gift cards!!
Mannyandjen

They did this to us as well!  We ported two lines in November and we were promised $200 gift cards for each lines, and an additional $90 for each lines.  The fees of switching and the first two bills were ridiculous; don't even think of porting your Iwatch because it cost us additional to transfer it!  How is this allowed?! We regret ever switching to this service.  

0 Likes
Re: They lied and told me I would receive a gift card for every line I ported over!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mannyandjen, we want to be sure you get the most out of joining Verizon Wireless. We did find the promotion we had back in November 2019. With this promotion, did you ever visit our rebate center site and enter the promo code? If you did, you can easily check the status of the promo here with this link. https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/check-my-status

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
97shlude
  • Same here, promised 150 per line to switch and after many hours of complaining now have received 100 per line gift card. Total scam! They make promises to get you past point of cancellation then hang you. Took my old phones now only option is to pay too much for phones or wait two years on their horrible service and customer support. Rate them about a 0 
0 Likes
DSL69

They lied to me too.  Verizon scams you by signing you up with the promise of $500 per line when you bring your own device, and then later on looses that promotion they promised you.  I know this is happening with others too.  How is Verizion allowed to continue to con people?

0 Likes
DSL69

Why not just promise people $100000 per phone they bring over?  Then you can con people properly like those emails from princes from Nigeria.

0 Likes
Kkh2142

They just did the same thing to me. They said “ false advertisement is illegal but not when we do it “ if I changed to Verizon as I did I was was supposed to recive a 300 master gift card via email I was even on the phone with the “promotion team “ for three hours last week who went and said that on July 18th the virtual card would be in my email.  Now some manager today said I was lied to and I can’t believe advertising bc they don’t follow it 

im really going to Cancel this service so many people have the same issue. 

0 Likes