They messed up and will not help us!
Dani73
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just switched SIX lines over from T Mobile to Verizon.   Bought 6 new I phones and 2 Apple watches.  When we purchased them--- and switched over, my son was away at school.  The rep told us no problem--  she will assign his new i phone a temp number ( Not to be used)  and when he gets home he can bring his old phone in -- they will switch the number of the new phone to his number-- and he can trade in old phone.  Easy---- NOPE.    so we went in for this simple process --- and the rep wound up deleting my husbands phone number and account?  Then attaching my sons number to my husbands phone???   it took about 4 yes...FOUR hours in the Verizon store for them to figure out how to get my husbands phone number back and working.   However--- they can not seem to manage to get my sons number working again.  Manager,  GM  sales associates-- Customer service-- nobody .  They tell us the phone number is in " limbo"  and so my son has no service.  then they tell us maybe three to 4 days !   I am beyond irrate and not one person has been able to rectify the mess THEY made.    It is the Lake Grove Store in NY and I need this to be escalated!  I am hoping Verizon sees this as I will tell everyone I know to Beware.

0 Likes
Re: They messed up and will not help us!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're so sorry to hear this was your experience setting up service with us, Dani73. I would be just as upset. We rely on our phones for everything now a days and keeping your mobile number is a must. When a mobile number is changed, it normally gets recycled and there may be a few days wait time to be able to retrieve the number again. Did the store provide any further details such as if they have submitted any requests to get your son's number back? Does your son have a temporary number in use right now?-Danielle

0 Likes
Dani73
Enthusiast - Level 2

They have given him a temporary number as of yesterday and they are saying his number will take days to recover.  The problem was-- when the rep called to have my sons original phone number replace the temporary " new i phone number "  instead of attaching it to that number--- they attached it to my husbands number--- thus deleting his number and all calls he made looked like they were coming from my son.    It also disconnected his Apple watch and he still has no cellular on that !   They eventually got my husbands number back by issuing him a new sim card .  But my sons number is out there somewhere and they cant seem to find it to attach back to his new phone.    We did this simple switch last week with our other son--- who was doing the same thing-- and it took 1/2 hour!  This was a major mistake-- leaving us very stressed and inconvenienced.    The store keeps giving us the run around and my son has to leave to go back up to school--- with a temp phone number .  We spent so much money to come to Verizon this is just unacceptable.  I just want my sons original phone number attached to his new phone and my husbands Apple watch to work again.    We cant even call the store because it goes right to customer Svc 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, Dani73. We cannot apologize enough for this inconvenience and stress. We want to do all we can to help ensure your son has the correct number and his Apple watch is working correctly. If a request was already submitted to get your sons number back, we would not want to submit a new request and have too many hands in the mix. Please tell us more about what's happening with the watch. Are you receiving any error messages when trying to activate it?  -Danielle

0 Likes
Dani73
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just want someone to check up on what is happening with my sons phone number?  We have gotten so many different stories.    I dont understand why it takes so long to get his number back, that should have never been lost in the first place?  My husbands apple watch got messed up in the whole debacle when they mistakenly attached my sons number and deleted his line -- the watch has not been able to attach back since.   I think that watch number is still attached to my sons number thats god knows where......  Sorry this sounds so confusing--- but it is.  We are amazed how insane this simple thing got.   Meanwhile we are paying for services we dont have thru no fault of our own?  This has been a horrible start to switching to Verizon  

0 Likes
Dani73
Enthusiast - Level 2

also--- how will we know when his phone number is attached to the phone???  They gave us a temporary sim card for now with a diff phone number so we have the original sim out of the phone?

0 Likes
Dani73
Enthusiast - Level 2

and I see this forum will be of no help either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can completely understand your frustration with the past events with getting your account up and running. I am a consumer as well and would feel some type of way about the situation. I want to make sure to provide you with the services that I would expect and no less. You deserve the best start with us and no less. 

-Roni

0 Likes