Thinking about cancelling
Courtney114

I'm kind of disappointed with Verizon. I'm not exactly happy about their upgrade policy. I have an IPhone 4s, which I loved in the beginning, until the stupid upgrade. Now I'm stuck with a phone that not only crashes on every single app and internet, but also drops calls. I have 2 more weeks until an upgrade, please tell me why I have to jump through freaking hoops, just to get a new damn phone, that they're being paid for by the way. When I go through 3 different people, with 3 different excuses, all that contradict each other mind you, on why I can't get a new phone until the actual upgrade date. And better yet give me the alternative by saying, "well you can sell us your phone, for $200, then use that toward the phone you want in full retail price." You're kidding me right? Pay over $300 for a phone, then tax and upgrade fee on top of that...no thanks. I have never seen such a greedy company in my life. It's pretty bad when most of your customers want to leave. How about giving your customers some slack, instead of trying to burn a hole in their wallets.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Thinking about cancelling
hambone95
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey, I understand how you feel. I was less than 3 weeks away from my date, but couldn't upgrade, so I just jumped on the Edge. But, the reason early upgrades are hardly approved, is because you sign a contract that states exactly 2 years from your original start date, you may upgrade. If they just let people upgrade Willy nilly, it would cause mass confusion, even if they were making more money.

0 Likes
Courtney114

Trust me I understand that, but it's being told different things is the most irritating part. First I was told I can't do it, but I can sell the phone and put it towards full retail price, then I was told I could do it, but it was placed on a back order and to go to the store. Then I went to the store a week later, was told they never had a back order, and there was nothing they could do, even with the approval. It really shouldn't be that hard to upgrade your phone. And it's a lose-lose if you want to leave, because it's the same issue.

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

Also, other providers don't let you upgrade whenever you want and if they do it requires you to pay Full Retail Price or enter on to the 24 fixed monthly payments (i.e Verizon Edge)

I would just wait because you never know what new phone will be out in 2 weeks that might catch your eye!

0 Likes
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

The selling of the phone is a "locked trade in value" on iPhones currently until 4/30/14.

Were you trying to get the iPhone 5c because that is on backorder until 4/25/14.

Just wait the 2 weeks, relax, deal with the crappy 4s and get excited for your upgrade date!

0 Likes