Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

My bill would cost me at least $40 more per month. I'm not giving verizon

more of my money. I pay $240 a month for five lines and only 2 have data.

Many would argue I'm already paying too much.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

That's fine 4 someone with a big family who still uses antiquated voice & texting. Skype video call & chat replaced those years ago 4 me. Side effect of being a soldier overseas. Skype is one of the best things to happen 4 deployed soldiers. Try the 21st century, u might like it.

Sent from my HTC One max on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

We use hangouts every day. We don't have to worry about going over a data

limit since we have unlimited. Skype is what's antiquated... Dumb ass

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are so many others you can use, ooVoo is one, hangouts is another and I am sure the play stores/apple app stores/Microsoft store all have apps for communications.

I use face time and ooVoo and googles video program. Yeah I have used Skype as well. I think they are all good products.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

And how, exactly, does that contradict ANYTHING I have said. Unlike others on this thread who have stated it is "naive" or crazy to give up unlimited data, I simply say it depends on your needs. If the best option for you is to keep unlimited, I in no way am belittling and/or claiming you are making the wrong choice.

For others who CAN and WILL save money by giving up unlimited data, what is the point of keeping it??? You say you don't want to pay money you don't need to. I am simply saying the SAME thing. How does that make me "naive"??? If it is better to KEEP unlimited data because you would pay MORE if you make a switch to More Everything, HOW is it not better to make the switch to More Everything if you will SAVE money???

I have never said KEEPING unlimited data is the right choice. I have never said GIVING UP unlimited data is the right choice. All I am saying is the "right" choice is not the same for everyone. Some people can't seem to grasp that concept.Smiley Happy

Jfriend33 wrote:

My bill would cost me at least $40 more per month. I'm not giving verizon

more of my money. I pay $240 a month for five lines and only 2 have data.

Many would argue I'm already paying too much.

That is great for you. The choice is clear you should keep your unlimited data. If I were to keep my unlimited data, my bill WAS $40+ MORE/month than with unlimited data than what I am paying with More Everything. You saving $40/month by keeping your old plan is BETTER than me switching and saving $40+/month???? Some can't seem to grasp that you saving money by keeping your plan is no better than me saving money by switching plans. In our cases, we have BOTH made the correct decision based on our needs.Smiley Happy

The same choice is NOT the correct choice for everyone. This is what I have always said, however some would tend to disagree.

I don't see a reason to keep my unlimited data at an ADDITIONAL cost of $500/year. It is not THAT profitable of a commodity. Unless, of course you are going to pay $5000-$10000 to get someone to sell you their "unlimited data". I don't think it is THAT profitable. I have already saved ~$1000, THAT is a profit I have already pocketed and continue to receive dividends.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good for you

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

The difference is in the future when u realize U need unlimited, u may not be able to go back. I think U will be able to though. The wireless market in the US will become more competitive, even if it means breaking up VZW & AT&T. Eventually unlimited data will be cheap & ubiquitous.

Sent from my HTC One max on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope so. Same with cable TV packages. I hope in fifteen years we look

back on all this and can laugh.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

As a member of the NRA I'll give the std answer to gun control nuts to anyone wanting me to give up unlimited data. "When u pry it from my cold dead hands".  I belive that's a quote from Charlton Heston. So who am I  to argue with Moses ))).

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

And at that point, I will have saved several thousand dollars. That is quite a profitable commodity!

Whether or not I will "need" unlimited data in the future is certainly speculation. As it is, I can increase my CURRENT usage 250%-300%(more than tripling my current data usage) before I would be paying the same amount had I kept unlimited data.

If you factor in the savings I have already realized and WILL continue to realize in the future with my lower bill I would have to increase my usage by 400%-500% over quite an extended period of time(several years as a matter of fact) before I would simply reach a break even point.

0 Likes