Time on phone is wrong
STEHAN98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm located in North Eastern Wisconsin, which is in the Central Time Zone. For the last two days, during the day at work, my phone has decided that I must be somewhere in the Mountain Time Zone. So all of the sudden my clock is an hour behind. Noticed it yesterday about 3:35pm - I work until 4pm. I glanced at my phone, which said 2:35pm, and was depressed I still had an hour and a half left. Thought I was closer to quitting time.

Then I checked the date on my computer, which said 3:35pm.

I rebooted the phone, and it started up with the correct time. The time stayed correct all night, and this morning until about 11:30am. When the phone decided I was out in the mountains again. The phone said 10:30am.

I went into the settings, and I have the 'Automatic date and Time' selected, and the 'Automatic time zone' selected.

I turned off the automatic time zone, and selected Central time. Went out to the phone, and it said the correct time, 11:30am. Went back into the settings and turned the automatic time zone back on. It instantly changed back to Mountain Time.

Went into the Google Maps app, and that showed me as being in Wisconsin. My GPS settings were set to be Hi-Accuracy.

I have a Motorola Moto Z2, running Android Version 8.0.0.

Any thoughts?

I use the clock on the phone for my alarm clock in the morning - don't want it to go off an hour late one of these mornings...

Steve

Labels (1)
Re: Time on phone is wrong
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEHAN98,

It's essential that your device displays the correct time. I appreciate all the steps you've taken to try and fix this. I'll be happy to help get to the bottom of this time issue. Do you have a Z2 Play or a Z2 Force? Has your device been exposed to any liquid or physical damage? Any other features or functions not working correctly?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FLKeysGirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem except that my phone randomly decides I'm somewhere in Europe I'm guessing like right now it is 6:55 ammy phone says it is 11:55 a.m. I too have tried everything the original poster did and there's nothing that changes it in my case restarting did not adjust to the correct time. It adjusts back when it's in the mood sometimes it lasts 15 minutes sometimes it lasts an hour it's pretty annoying and it just started about two weeks ago.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely see how frustrating that is. It is vital to have accurate time, since we rely so heavily on our devices nowadays. Before this started happening to your device, did you install any new applications or updated any existing ones? Especially, applications that require location services.

BrittanyK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SeattleMel

I am having the same issue. This started two days ago. It will switch back to my normal time (Pacific) after restarting it or temporarily putting it in airplane mode. No new apps have been installed that use location services. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8.

0 Likes
MB951
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue too, which just started a few days ago. I'm in Pacific time (Seattle), and my phone keeps telling me it's 7 hours later than it actually is. Time will be correct temporarily if I restart my phone or toggle the auto date/time off and then back on. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your device to function as it should. Did an update occurrecently? Has there been any changes that have happened to your device prior to this happening? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
MB951
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, as far as I recall, there were no changes or updates prior to this issue starting. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MB951,

Thank you so much for that additional information as it is very helpful. What happens to the time if you set it to manual time and let the device run a few hours to see if the time stays the same?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Mickeyd1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a far more common problem than just three people. Considering all three... of our Verizon phones have this same problem. You have to admit that it is not due to any one particular app or moisture as you implied... When we complained to friends about it, they have said that their Verizon phones do the same thing... Verizon needs to fix this... It gets pretty annoying never being able to trust your phones time is accurate, especially when you have school children you have to pick up at certain times of the day. Your answers here to these other customers with the same malfunction were vague and unhelpful.

0 Likes