Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,401 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
To close my account, do I just need to port numbers out of it?
DMANGI

Right now, I have two phones (one paid off, one almost paid off) and a smart watch (which is under contract through June).  I am seriously considering switching carriers because even with my large employee discount, I would still save $40-$50 per month by switching.  Anyways, I may start by just switching the phone that is paid off.  If I port that out, does it just get removed from my Verizon account or do I need to notify Verizon?  And in the future if I port the other phone out, will it just close the account?  I do have the issue of the watch though so if I were to do this before June, I imagine I would need to notify Verizon, right?  Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: To close my account, do I just need to port numbers out of it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMANGI,

We would never want you to leave our wireless family. Allow us to assist you in turning things around. I have sent you a Private Message so we can proceed. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
DMANGI

I did send a private message reply but have not heard back yet.  In the meantime, can anyone else answer this original question?  Thank you.

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

The process of porting your number to another carrier will cancel that line of service. If you port out all of your numbers, it will disconnect all of your lines, so yes it will close your account. If you port out all but your watch number and decide to cancel that without porting the number out, you will need to call and request the cancellation.

Have you checked to see if you have a discount available through Verizon Wireless? That is quite a steep discount!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you haven't heard back from us, DMANGI. We truly don't want to see you go. Porting out any line will terminate services for that line. If you were to remove all lines with a port out, it would close your account as well. We would like to speak with you to discuss options to save on your account.  I have sent a new Private Message to you. Please respond to the Private Message. 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Why wait? If you stay it is because you have lines on payment plans so you don't want the service but you want to pay for it until you finish paying off the devices. You lose nothing if you switch before devices are paid off. You will just receive a bill for the total of unpaid device balances and service fees.

0 Likes
Lowca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, don't try helping "family" with their request. Just pull them out of earshot of the rest of us, so you can give them the secret offer. Sounds like a great family to be a part of... /s

Can you please stop calling us family? Frankly it's insulting, and demeaning to my "actual family." you know, the one that birthed me, fed me, clothed me, sheltered me.

What have you done besides maximizing the dollars I spend with you?