Took my unlimited data plan
gabirdsall

In January, I upgraded my wife's and my phones.  We were able to keep our unlimited data plan on both phones.  Within 3 days, my phone stopped working.  Wouldn't even boot. I took it to the verison store, where they said they could not exchange it because I bought it over the phone rather than at their location.  I called verizon customer service.  They were supposed to fed ex a replacement phone to me, and put a $250.00 (I think) hold on my visa that they said they would release their hold when I returned the dead phone.  After a couple of days, the new phone had not arrived so I called back.  They couldn't tell me  what the issue was, but they said they would send out another replacement, but wanted to charge my visa an additional $250.00.  As you might expect, I had a problem with that.  They then asked why I didn't just take it to my local verizon store to exchange it.  I told them I tried but the local store refused.  The Customer Service Manager called our local store, and arranged to have them exchange my phone.  Good on him.  I took the phone it, and while it was a bit of a hassle, the local store did finally exchange it.  What they also did, without telling me, was change my unlimited data plan to a 2GB/month plan.  As they didn't tell me about this, I didn't see it until I logged in to pay my bill.  When I saw the change, I called verizon customer service.  The service rep reviewed my file and confirmed that they changed the data plan when they exchanged the dead phone (and admitted that they shouldn't have).  He said, however, that HE couldn't to anything, and he would have to submit an "inactive feature request" to restore my unlimited data plan.  This was a week ago.  Today, he called and said that because my request came after the "14 day period" whatever the heck THAT is, that my request was denied.  He suggested that I post here and that Verizon Corporate could make things right.  We'll see.  Corporate Customer Service, you should be able to get both my e-mail and mobile phone number from my log in info.  I hope to hear from you soon that this is resolved by restoring unlimited data to my phone plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Took my unlimited data plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You posted this on the Verizon Wireless Community Forum which is a peer to peer forum. It is made up of users who are customers like yourself. We don't have access to your account or any other besides our own.

If you were trying to reach Verizon Corporate use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Took my unlimited data plan
JSMosby

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes