Trade In Credit and $200 Gift Card Issues
perrottic

I traded in my iPhone 12 for $800 credit in April. I joined my in-laws family plan and everything should have gone smoothly. Spoiler alert- it isnt. 

When I switched, I was told I would get a $200 gift card. At the store, they told me I needed to apply for it online. After scouring the internet, I couldn't find how to do that so I called Verizon. After many hours on the phone, someone finally sent me the link to apply and so I did. I finally got the gift card in my email this past week. 

On a side note, our bill for last month was due on the 24th. On the 21st I checked the bill and saw that we only owed $128.35 that month because a $190 "Indirect device trade in credit" had been applied to our account. I was confused, so I called Verizon and they explained to me that I got the credit and so we only need to pay the $128.35. So we did and our balance said we owed $0. 

Fast forward to now when I got my gift card- I wanted to use it to buy headphones. I found a pair, added to cart and went to check out when I noticed the order had been placed and the amount was automatically billed to my account without even giving me the option to use the gift card as payment. I hopped onto the chat and attempted to cancel my order but was informed that I was not able to because my order had already shipped (even though I placed the order literally 30 seconds prior). I figured it was not a big deal and that once the amount got charged to my account, I would use the gift card there to pay for it. 

Today is he next day and now when I check my account to see if the headphones had been charged yet, it shows that I owe $190 for last months bill and that it is overdue. When I looked deeper into next month's estimate, it shows that the $190 "indirect device trade in credit" that was supposed to be on last months bill got moved to next month and was put towards the purchase of the headphones (and my trade in still isn't showing up on account after 3 months). 

I am trying to figure out a way to get the $190 promotional credit moved back to last months bill where it should be, so that I can pay the headphones with my gift card. 

0 Likes
Re: Trade In Credit and $200 Gift Card Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Welcome to our Wireless Family! I am eager to help address all of your concerns. Making sure that you get the promotions you qualify for is priority. I am concerned to read that your credit was moved & impacted your bill/account status. Can you elaborate on what you mean by your trade-in not showing up on your account? Was the credit of $190 for the same trade?

-Gina

0 Likes
perrottic

The $190 must have been from the same trade-in, however I should owe $8 a month for my phone and it is still showing I owe $36 a month for it. The real issue is that my account shows I have a past due amount when it shouldnt and the credit needs to be moved back @vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, my! We most certainly want to look further into your promotional credit and billing concerns. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience. 

-Kia

0 Likes