Trade-In Issue. POOR/DISHONEST Customer Service
Matt_84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've spoken to 4 or 5 associates over multiple days and several hours.

Recap of my experience:

Chat associate helped me place a order on 2/19. Deal was $700 value for iPhone 13 by trading in Samsung Galaxy S9.

I called the store the following day because they hadn't contacted me for pick-up. I was automatically forwarded to a associate since you don't seem to be able to call stores directly. That associate told me the order I placed did NOT qualify for the $700 because I wasn't trading in a iPhone.

Ok, so she cancelled the order for me and was going to get back to me and work something out after the cancellation went through. Well... She gave me a work cell # which I reached out to a few times, but she ignored me. Thanks.

I noticed the account shows the order was cancelled, so I decided to place an order myself. Oh darn, now it says the device I was going to trade-in still has to be paid off and I owe the full amount. This prevents me from placing an order with a trade-in. But wait... My account bill statements show that I paid off the device on 11/25/2020.

So I call Verizon and spend an hour on the phone with an associate. She tells me the problem will be resolved within a few hours. Ok.

A few days later, nothing has changed.

I contact support on the Verizon website and spend about 5 hours texting back and forth with an associate. He asked me a lot of questions and I knew I was wasting my time because he was NOT grasping the problem, but I stayed civil and went with the flow. He told me the problem would be fixed in a few hours. He then started asking a lot more questions which further proved to me he had NO CLUE what was going on. I again stayed civil and answered. After he got done wasting a lot more of my time, he decided to change his *few hour fix* estimate to *3-5 days*. That was so reassuring....

Well, it's now been 11 days. I've lost out on the promotion(Galaxy S22+ with free storage upgrade) I wanted to take advantage of, the phone I wanted is backordered for a month, and I've wasted days/hours of my time to make 0 progress. I'll add that I had cancer removed a few days ago, followed up by reconstructive surgery. I'm currently sitting in a hospital bed and again trying to talk with support. He's asking the same questions and being of absolutely NO help.

Sorry, but my patience has run out. What do I have to do to speak with a capable Verizon associate? They created the problem in the first place. I need someone to step up and STOP wasting my time.

Re: Trade-In Issue. POOR/DISHONEST Customer Service
Matt_84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for sending me the private message with the link to someone who would supposedly help me. I connected and waited for over 30 minutes until it timed out because they never responded in the chat. There must be at least 1 person at this company worth their paycheck. Right!?!?

THIS IS THE RECORD OF MY OPEN TICKET WITH VERIZON. - 2/23/22 12 : 30 PM
12 : 30 PM - Beginning of daily messages
You (Support message)

12 : 30 PM

I placed an order on Saturday via a Chat Rep that I had to cancel because another associate told me I my device didnt qualify for the promotion. I then requested that the trade-in be cancelled 2 or 3 days ago. The trade-in hasnt been cancelled yet, and it is now showing on the My Devices tab that it has 36 monthly bills left with a remaining balance of $799.99, although it is completely paid off. Im trying to place another order, but it wont let me with my device flagged/trade-in open.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

12 : 31 PM

Hi. Welcome to Verizon wireless. My name is David. How are you doing today?

You (SMS)

12 : 32 PM

Im good. Thank you for responding.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

12 : 32 PM

I really hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe

Agent from Verizon (Support message)

1 : 14 PM

Need more information

You (Support message)

1 : 45 PM

Im not sure what information you need. Please clarify. I need the trade-in request cancelled. Order ID# XXXXXXX Submission ID# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I also need the device pay-off fixed. It shows that I owe $799, but it is already paid off, so it should be showing that $0 is owed. It should also show that the device is eligible for upgrade.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

1 : 48 PM

Welcome to Verizon Messaging! This is Vanessa.

You (SMS)

1 : 49 PM

Hello

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

1 : 50 PM

I received your ticket, I understand that you wish to cancel the trade-in request as you paid off the device agreement. Is that correct?

You (SMS)

1 : 51 PM

Not exactly. The device was already paid off but something messed up the system and now it says I owe. I also need the trade-in cancelled.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

1 : 52 PM

Okay, I will check that. Please share have you already sent the device for trade-in?

You (SMS)

1 : 52 PM

No. I am using the device to message you right now.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

1 : 53 PM

Okay, have you received the return kit to send the device?

You (SMS)

1 : 53 PM

I dont think so. It would have been sent to the Account Owners address.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

1 : 54 PM

Alright. If you do not want to complete the trade in then you can simply avoid the kit if received.

You (SMS)

1 : 55 PM

Ok

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

1 : 55 PM

Checking about the device payment agreement now, please confirm the line #.

You (SMS)

1 : 56 PM

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

1 : 56 PM

Okay, just a moment.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 11 PM

I see that the device payment has been paid on line #XXXX. This will be updated within few hours on your account as well, please do not worry at all.

You (SMS)

2 : 12 PM

Thank you. And when would the trade-in be cancelled? Im assuming it wont let me place a new order with a trade-in until that happens.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 13 PM

Youre welcome. Let me check that.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 22 PM

Please confirm, what exact error youre getting while you are trying to upgrade the devcice?

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 24 PM

device*

You (SMS)

2 : 29 PM

I try to place an order by upgrading an existing line. The website tells me to select a line, but the XXX-XXX-XXXX does not have a upgrade button I can click. It just shows this message, Device payment buyout not available until 3/6/2022. Only a refund or exchange can be processed to change devices.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 29 PM

Okay, may I know when youve made the payment to pay off the device completely?

You (SMS)

2 : 31 PM

Its the same line we were dealing with before. It allowed me to upgrade when I placed the order on Saturday, but doesnt seem to have fixed itself after cancelling the order.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

Okay.

You (SMS)

It may fix itself when the update you mentioned goes through in a few hours.

You (SMS)

2 : 32 PM

I was just concerned it would give an error since there is already a open trade-in for this device.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 32 PM

Yes, it will be updated as it takes sometime for these issues.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 33 PM

Yes, I am also double checking about the open trade-in.

You (SMS)

2 : 38 PM

I appreciate your help.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 38 PM

Thank you. :

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 39 PM

Also may I know when youve made the payment to pay off the device completely?

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 42 PM

Also, I am sorry for the confusion I checked recheck that the device payment on line #XXXX is still showing active. May I know, have you contacted us for getting that cancelled?

You (SMS)

2 : 44 PM

Im not sure exactly when it was paid off. It was a monthly payment. Purchase was made a few years ago.

You (SMS)

2 : 44 PM

I might be able to find out if I check bill history.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 45 PM

Okay, please do. Ill standby.

You (SMS)

2 : 48 PM

Ok the last bill for the device payments looks like 10/9-11/8 of 2020

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 48 PM

I guess there is some confusion.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)
0 Likes
Matt_84
Enthusiast - Level 2
2 : 49 PM

I am asking about the recent device payment you did on line XXXXXXXXXX.

You (SMS)

2 : 50 PM

The last payment on that device was 11/25/2020. Unless youre asking about the plan payment.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 51 PM

You mentioned that you paid off the device agreement, correct?

You (SMS)

2 : 52 PM

Thats when the device was paid off. It was a 24 month contract.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 55 PM

Okay.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

2 : 56 PM

You said that I owe $799, but it is already paid off, so it should be showing that $0 is owed when you have made this payment?

You (SMS)

2 : 59 PM

It *shows* that I owe $799, but the final payment for the device was on 11/25/2020. So it should be showing that $0 is owed.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

3 : 00 PM

Okay. Let me check this again.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

3 : 06 PM

The recent device agreement on line #XXXX has been started on 02/19/2022.

You (SMS)

3 : 08 PM

Right. Thats the problem. It isnt correct. Ive had this device for around 3 years so the agreement couldnt have possibly started 4 days ago. It was paid off on 11/25/2020.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

3 : 10 PM

Alright.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

3 : 13 PM

I see that on your line #XXXX, a device agreement of iPhone 13 has been active.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

3 : 13 PM

Have you purchased any iPhone 13 recently?

You (SMS)

3 : 14 PM

Yes. A upgrade was made for the iPhone 13 max on the #XXXX line.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

3 : 15 PM

Okay.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

3 : 54 PM

I am sorry for the delay, there was some issue with my tools. Please confirm, have you activate any agreement for iPhone 13 as well on line XXXXXXXXXX?

You (SMS)

4 : 01 PM

I placed an order that was cancelled.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 02 PM

Okay.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 03 PM

Can you share that order ID with me?

You (SMS)

4 : 05 PM

Order ID XXXXXXX

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 05 PM

Thanks.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 11 PM

Ive checked all the details and see that the order of iPhone 13 was not cancelled and that device payment is being active on line XXXXXXXXXX.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 12 PM

Just to check, have you received that iPhone 13?

You (SMS)

4 : 17 PM

I have not. Are you positive youre not seeing the iPhone max on line #XXXX? My account shows the order # I gave you was c

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 18 PM

Yes! iPhone 13 Pro Max is active on line #XXXX, here we are discussing the line #XXXX.

You (SMS)

4 : 18 PM

Yes ok. XXXX iPhone was never received

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 19 PM

Okay.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 27 PM

I see that youve asked to cancel the order on Feb 20th. It will take some more days to get the order cancelled. It will be automatically adjusted. There is no action needed.

You (SMS)

4 : 30 PM

What about the trade-in? And the problem with my account saying the device isnt paid off?

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 31 PM

The issue with the device pay off will be resolved when everything will be updated on the account and you can leave the trade in.

You (SMS)

4 : 38 PM

Ok so the device payment issue should be resolved within a few hours is the last thing I would like you to confirm.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 39 PM

Definitely! It may takes few days, I request you to please wait for 3-5 days.

You (SMS)

4 : 54 PM

Ok Ill wait a few days and take a look

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 54 PM

Yes, please. I appreciate your understanding.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 55 PM

Just a quick question here, do you stream Disney+ or HULU?

You (SMS)

4 : 57 PM

No

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 57 PM

No problem. Just wanted to make sure that you get all the benefits.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 58 PM

Also, I am glad to inform you that Verizon has an amazing feature available with us which is VZ cloud. You can get unlimited data storage and it can be shared with up to 4 devices. Verizon is offering this for a trial, for the first 30 days.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

4 : 58 PM

Verizon has got a one platform for our family members where you can back up your memories like pictures, videos, and other stuff online and the best part is that the storage is unlimited. Shall I add that for you so that you can have benefit of this feature?

You (SMS)

4 : 59 PM

No thanks. Im really only interested in upgrading my device, but Ill have to wait until the account let me do that.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

5 : 00 PM

Sure, I respect your decision.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

5 : 02 PM

Thank you so much for your time and support. It was a pleasure assisting you, John. Goodbye! You can also use our My Verizon app to get answers to your queries and offers more quickly and efficiently. Stay safe and healthy. Have a great day!

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

5 : 03 PM

I forgot to ask, if you have any other question with any of your lines, you can let me know.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

5 : 11 PM

I believe your concern has been resolved. So, were closing this chat for now. Goodbye! Thank you for allowing us to serve you today here at Verizon Wireless.

5 : 22 PM

Resolved

0 Likes
Matt_84
Enthusiast - Level 2
6 messages
3/6/22
5 : 40 PM
5 : 40 PM - Beginning of daily messages
You (Support message)

5 : 40 PM

The support associate told me the issue would be resolved within a few hours, and then they said it would take 3-5 days. It has now been 11 days and I have spoken to multiple associates over 2 weeks. That was the 3rd associate to tell me the problem would be resolved. PLEASE get me someone who can assist and will not lie about fixing the problem.

You (Support message)

5 : 45 PM

Recap: I placed an order through online chat for a iPhone 13 on line XXX-XXX-XXXX. I spoke to an associate the next day who cancelled the order because she said the promotion I was promised was invalid. Now the account is trying to have me proceed with trading in my device. It is also saying that I have not made any payments on my Samsung Galaxy S9, but it has been paid off since 11/25/2020. Because of this, it will not allow me to order a phone via trade-in.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

5 : 48 PM

Hello, thank you for contacting Verizon. You are chatting with Clay, how are you doing today?

You (SMS)

5 : 54 PM

Good

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

5 : 55 PM

Brilliant! Glad to hear about your well being.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

5 : 56 PM

May I know when did you contact us to cancel the order?

12 messages
3/6/22
6 : 01 PM
6 : 01 PM - Beginning of daily messages
You (SMS)

6 : 01 PM

Order was placed 2/19. Cancelled 2/20.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

6 : 21 PM

Thank you for the information.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

6 : 22 PM

Did you you receive any new device?

You (SMS)

6 : 24 PM

No

You (SMS)

6 : 43 PM

Anything?

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

7 : 11 PM

Thank you for the information.

You (SMS)

7 : 17 PM

Thats not an answer. Its been 1.5 hours with no progress since I reopened this ticket. Please find me an associate that can help. Ive already wasted days and over 12 hours of my time trying to get this resolved. If that is not an option then just say so.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

8 : 47 PM

I apologize for your frustration, and I do want to help you. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you. Please confirm the order number so that I can check this for you.

You (SMS)

8 : 50 PM

Really? Its been another 1.5 hours. Im not going to sit here all night getting you information that Ive already provided in the ticket and should be easy to see on the account anyways. PLEASE GET ME SOMEONE WHO WILL ACTUALLY HELP. IF THAT IS NOT AN OPTION THEN PLEASE JUST SAY SO.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

8 : 52 PM

Thank you for the information. we will surely look into this for you, allow me to access your account and get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

Agent from Verizon (SMS)

9 : 10 PM

Thank you for your patience.

9 : 43 PM

Need more information

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of receiving your phone, and being able to order one, and I can certainly try to assist you. In order to do so, please return to the Private note. We are currently experiencing a higher volume of messages at this time, so we do apologize for the delay in responding.

*Gert

0 Likes
Matt_84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for helping me Gert. Unfortunately, the chat kicked me out again and the link is no longer working. I'll keep an eye out as we discussed and hope they are able to resolve the error.

0 Likes
Matt_84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told I should reach out if the issue hadn't been resolved by Thursday, 3/10. It's Sunday, 3/13, and the account issues haven't been fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help resolve your issue. What I will need to do is access the account. Please open the private message sent here on this platform.-Dolores

0 Likes