Trade-In Issue + Promotional Item: Frustrated
PSVZW

Hello

I recently returned to Verizon after a decade. I am a believer in "Bring Your Own Device/Buy Unlocked". I traditionally sought to avoid the tangled web of promotional rules, obtuse billing issues, and other nightmare stories friends and colleagues have shared.

With that said, I decided to give Verizon a chance.

My Trade became stuck in the system. Only after an escalation was the status updated, yet it now reports I traded in a different device. That was AFTER originally confirming the device I sent in matched.

Now I could point to the mountains of data I have documenting this process, even pictures of my device being packaged. The easiest error to prove is simply look at the IMEI. The trade in system is claiming the phone is one model that does not match the IMEI.

I have already contacted support multiple times over this and the free Stream TV. Resolution would be appreciative. 

0 Likes
Re: Trade-In Issue + Promotional Item: Frustrated
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the support you need with your trade in, PSVZW. Please send us a Private Note for account specific support, including your submission ID associated with your trade in. We are here and happy to help in any way we can. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
PSVZW

I sent a private message.

Also I was speaking with Customer Service for hours about this. Is there any movement on a resolve?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We aren't showing a Private Note on our end. When did you send one? *Bee

0 Likes
MercenaryCuervo13

I am very upset. I was false advertised. I was told my the gentleman named Andy that we can get our bill from the former payment plan lowered and voided due to the promo upgrade. I was given his personal email and then called to speak to a lady in retention to be told she was going to call him directly to ensure it was correct. She replied along the lines well I have never heard of anything like this but as per Andy he may have an EXCLUSIVE offer for you. I called back several times and went through the process! Was told by several sales folks that's NOT how the promotion works not after they all tried to sale me first! I still have not yet spoken to a supervisor. I am wanting to file a formal complaint. I feel that we should honor the deal that ANDY was stating since we have several departments that seem to think its ok to have these sales agents get ppl into thinking this is  a good deal and assume they are being HELPED! This is FALSE advertising I intend to follow up to the highest levels starting here. I will reach out and file a complaint against verizon through the BBB. THE PROMO FOR LAST YEARS MOTHERS DAY WILL BE RE INSTATED IF I UPGRADE its my fault for not reading the fine print! your service is not superior to cricket! you Have ppl falsely pitching quotes and even have a MEMO stating you cant take the word of agents and must read thte fine print well I am here to say you must have sales agents trained fine! I want that agreement honored! I am looking to have my recordings pulled from my conversations with Andy minili tims, Teree from customer service. i am hoping to have this issue resolved in house and be taken care of with out this escalation please not I am given you 48 hours to respond. by Monday 10/3/22 I will have this filed with the BBB and my advocates. My contact is [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] Please message me with your resolution 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MercenaryCuervo13,

We are always here to help whenever you need us the most. So we can best assist you, what promotion are you referring to? What were you looking to purchase? What devices were you going to be trading in?

-Christopher

0 Likes