Trade In Issue
snickerzkc

I switched from Sprint to Verizon because I was told that we would get a big trade in credit for doing so and both networks in my area seem to be similar. Requested all of the phones to be a PayPal Credit and I sent 3 of the 4 phones in and those one were received on 7/26/21 and it said that the device was received  and that the expected condition matches received device.  I took a picture of this at the time. Today I get an email that now that the same phone doesn't match the condition and won't be getting the refund (phone was in great condition with no battery issues or cracked screen.) Another one of the phones hasn't been reviewed yet even though it says it was received in the condition that was described and when I submitted it I said it had a cracked screen. I'm wondering if this phone was examined in place of the other one since it arrived on the same day and that is why now they are saying the condition doesn't match.  The 4th phone was also submitted a week after the other phones and it took only few days to assess and process which make no sense to me when the other ones are just going through today. 

Also everything was switched to Verizon billing credits instead of PayPal which appears to be an issue since one of my family members paid off their phone entirely and it appears they refund won't be given since there is now no monthly payment to that. This is potentially a $600 or $900 loss depending on what the final appraisal for the last phone (which will probably end up being  another loss because that's what Verizon apparently likes to do) is. Never would have switched service if I knew I'd have to deal with this garbage and am basically feeling like I'm being ripped off. 

0 Likes
Re: Trade In Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

snickerzkc, we know it is important to have the correct details regarding your trade ins. To clarify, did you trade in these phones as part of a promotion to purchase new phones with Verizon? Do you have submission IDs for your trade ins?*Joshua

0 Likes
snickerzkc

My family was getting new phones anyway and we were told through Best Buy that the phones we were getting had a Verizon promotion going on that each phone traded in would qualify for $300 dollars back. It was literally the only reason we ended up switching from Sprint to Verizon. 

I have the submission IDs for every phone traded in. There was also an issue with IMEI numbers being switched from what I entered after I submitted it that I chatted with a customer service member right away about who said they personally talked to a manager and as long as the phones are as described it didn't matter that it was different. They said they would make a note on the account about it. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have never seen or heard of a PayPal credit associated with a Verizon Wireless promotion unless it was a Best Buy option. As far as I know, Verizon Wireless has only offered bill credits for trade in or other promotions associated with new phone purchases. If a phone is paid for in full, then that line doesn't qualify for the promotional bill credits. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
snickerzkc

Well it let me select the paypal option for the credit and I have a screenshot of it after I submitted it as well. I definitely wouldn't have had the phone paid off in full if I knew that was going to be the case. 

0 Likes
snickerzkc

In case anyone was wondering nothing has been solved or seemingly even really looked into.  

0 Likes