Trade-In Issues
Ddoss14

I also am having a trade-in issue with Verizon since April, it is beyond frustrating. I returned 2 separate phones (XR and pro 13)and Verizon is billing me for one of them.  I receive a notice that they did not receive the trade-in phone.  I called and after being on hold forever they confirmed the missing XR phone was in their warehouse.  I was told the information would be noted in the account.  I was still receiving notices and each time I called I was informed that the XR trade in had not been received.  After holding they locate the XR and update the account notes.  I still received notices and several more calls with confirmation that both phones were received and it would again be notated in my account.  They are now billing me for Pro 13 phone since they state they have no record of its return.  How does a company lose both phones within a 4 month period? We are still waiting on them to get the account straightened out and credit our account for the trade-in not bill me for it.  I have been a long time customer with 5 lines but I am ready to cancel my services!  

Beware of trading in your phone to Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-In Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Ddoss14 ,

We're sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with your trade-ins. With the submission IDs that you would have been given for each trade, what happens when you check the status of them here: https://www.verizon.com/sales/digital/tradeinstatus.html

-Russell

0 Likes
Ddoss14

I received a credit today for $999.00 but did not receive a credit for the taxes Verizon charged me on the $999.00.  Also I did not receive the credit I was told at the time of purchase that would applied after the first 2 months.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in, Ddoss14. You won't receive a credit for taxes. You still have to pay the tax for any device purchased, even if you are on a program that allows you to be reimbursed for the actual device cost. That is normal. We apologize for any confusion with how that works. We will send you a private note so we can look into the other question for you.

- Henry

0 Likes
Ddoss14

We were charged taxes twice for the phone.  They did issue a credit for the taxes and my account has finally been resolved after almost 5 months! After it was resolved the agent tried to sell us another phone upgrade on one of my lines.  The answer was an absolute no. After researching Verizon trade-in issues there are a lot of customers who have experienced the same problem of Verizon having the trade-in phone in their warehouse and claiming they did not receive it.  Verizon needs to step up their customer service and correct their internal issues, by now they know this is a major problem.  

0 Likes