Trade In Missing
AnimalMother77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent in a trade in and have my submission ID but the system say's it's invalid. UPS tracking also showed it was delivered back to Verizon. I've spent hours with the online chat agent, they disappear or tell me one moment and never come back.  I'm getting super frustrated. Anyone go through this that can provide a good way to resolve it?

0 Likes
Re: Trade In Missing
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

don't get me started l.  They also have a software glitch preventing me from trading in my phone.  The solution was for me to send my phone on without filling out the id and they would take care of it.  Um no.  I canceled my order.  Next up fcc, bbb, and my local congressman. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there. I am here to help! We need to get in a Private Chat so I can assist. Do see the option to send a PM/DM?

*Heather

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@AnimalMother77 @PatrickL 

Did either of you get your trade-in issues resolved?

I am still working to resolve my own issues with 4 trade-ins with promised value at $2400 total.   It has been a mind-numbing and aggravating 3 months of trying to get it resolved.   

I feel sorry for seniors and/or English-as-a second-language  customers - or even just customers who don’t have the time and perseverance to follow through with the impossible and seemingly rigged trade-in process.

I’m hoping these issues are being reported to the FCC or other regulatory agencies to ensure there is some type of tracking.   It doesn’t seem like we are alone - and I suspect we are only the tip of the iceburg - so many probably just give up and Verizon pockets the money.   They lure new customers or entice people to upgrade their phones with the promise of a generous trade in value - and they either make the trade in process unattainable by never sending trade-in mailers/kits - or they give you pennies on the dollar for your trade in - or just never acknowledge receipt of the trade-in device even with proof of delivery.   It’s exasperating.   

Here is a link to the FCC - it’s super easy to submit a complaint and you will help not just yourself but hopefully save others in the future from being taken advantage of.  

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

0 Likes
PatrickL
Enthusiast - Level 3

No,  I have two different tickets in for the issue.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that your trade in runs smoothly. How did you send the trade in into us?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
AnimalMother77
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the included UPS labels. Your trade in system is broken. The provided submission ID is invalid according to the Verizon tracking system.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there. Sorry to hear about the trouble with your Trade In. Can you clarify with more detail what errors you have been receiving? *Kris

0 Likes