Trade In Promises Not Kept
mrfusion73

I recently swtiched from Sprint to Verizon. Prior to doing so, I chatted with a representative from Verizon to make sure it would be worth it. The rep had me quoted at $234 a month for 4 lines, unlimited with new Iphone 11s. This price included the discount I would get for trading in my Iphone 7's I had from Sprint. I went ahead and started the switch process. After the switch was done, and I got my new phones from Verizon I went to a Verizon store to trade in my old phones. I was assured at the store that the trade ins would lower my monthly bill. It didn't, in fact, my monthly bill was over $100 more than I was orignially quoted. The trade in was applied to my account as a one time credit rather than the discount I was assured of. I've been through several rounds of calls with Verizon customer service only to be told, once this credit is issued it can't be reversed (I hadn't even paid my first bill yet). I was originally offered $100 credit for my trouble but after going back and forth some more, it was reduced to only a $20 credit. Needless to say, I'll be either switching back to Sprint or going with another carrier in the near future because I cannot afford to pay what Verizon is charging me now. I was dupped!

0 Likes
Re: Trade In Promises Not Kept
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly disheartening to read and we never like hearing that our customers feel as though they were impacted by miscommunication. I will be sending you a Private Message so that we can help you with this.

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes