Trade In Promo Issue
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone had issues with the device trade in promo? First, my online order got messed up up as I did not receive trade submission email. Then I was told to submit another trade in submission and $800 and $700 credit will be applied once the phones received and ignore the $90 and $40 value as posted. Now I have been constantly contacting for status and now they don't want to honor it. It is very frustrating. I do have the order number showing the trade in values.

Re: Trade In Promo Issue
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

sunsh_0-1631676848486.pngsunsh_1-1631677012814.pngsunsh_2-1631677121520.png

Above is my order with device promotion credit that I was suppose to receive.  But when I submitted my devices, I was offered way less amount and one of the phone they said different IMEI number though I submitted the correct one.  I feel like Verizon did a bait and switch as well as honoring the trade in any device..whether device is broken or not.

0 Likes
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone from Verizon resolve this issue?

0 Likes
Hpk7996

I have been on the phone multiple times trying to resolve getting promo credit for trade-in for IPhone 12 that was ordered online and picked up at the store.  The promo credit promised was $16.67 per month for new line and $150 switcher rebate but no one seems to be able to fix the $16.67 per month promo credit issue despite MULTIPLE calls.  I sent this particular phone in the same box as other 3 phones that were traded at the same time and this appears to be part of the issue but I can't understand why this problem can't be fixed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Hpk7996. We are glad to see that you've upgraded and I certainly share your concerns with receiving your trade-in value. As one trade-in kit is generated and assigned for each phone, we specifically mention not to send multiple devices within the same trade-in kit, as each kit is meant for only one phone. Sending multiple devices will only cause delays and potentially invalidate you from a promotion.-Lorenzo

0 Likes
zattiezootie

I had a similar issue, only, rather than submitting a new trade-in, we went to our local Verizon store where the manager was able to help us. Chats and phone calls did nothing for us.

To be fair, this was only within the last month so I don't know if we'll lost the promotion at a later date, but currently, we are receiving the promotion.

0 Likes
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to the Verizon store and they said that I had to contact customer support.  It's on-going back and forth.   At least the store agent, recognized that I'm not receiving my credits when I showed him the documents.

0 Likes
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I applaud Verizon able to resolve one trade in submission.   Unfortunately, the second trade in submission has NOT been resolved.  I have provided IMEI and UPS tracking number via private email as requested, for couple weeks no response regarding the status of the second trade in submission/device credit to my account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you didnt get a reply. Did you send a private message? Were you working with us over the phone?-Joe

0 Likes
hippimom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here!  I upgraded 2 phones with trades.  The first phone was handled correctly, but the 2nd was a total debacle.  After 6 weeks I'm still trying to get it fixed.  I "email chatted" with a representative yesterday who assured me it would be corrected, but I'm not holding my breath.  Apparently they are having some serious internal issues at Verizon.

0 Likes