Re: Trade In Promo Issue
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  I have been working with you over private messages for past week and half.

0 Likes
sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm feeling the same way.  It has been frustrating for me from the time I switched over to Verizon doing it on-line as I had issues with porting numbers as well as the device trade in rebates/credits.  The first device trade in credit took weeks (phone, chat, community) to resolve but it did get resolved.  Unfortunately, the second device trade in credit hasn't been resolved yet.   I'm not sure what the issue is as I have provided information and I had hopes when first one got resolved.

0 Likes
TheBostonian

I’ve been having colossal trouble with the same issue. I sent in my trade in the first week of November and was told it would be reviewed and appraised within a month. I never heard another thing. Virtually every evidence of the transaction was impossible to find on my account. I have come to the conclusion that Verizon is intentionally trying to deprive people of their rightful money. Whenever I sent in a email inquiry about it I kept getting the same message: “More information needed.” No matter how many times I requested the specific information needed I just got that same reply,“More information needed,”eight times in a row! I finally received some satisfaction by scheduling a phone call and spending about 15 minutes on the phone with some representative who seemed relatively clueless. I eventually was told that a credit would be applied to my account. Since then I got an email saying that “the requested credit is being reviewed for approval! Unreal ...

0 Likes
jibi2632
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also was defrauded out of my $700 per phone rebate from a 2021-07-19 switch and trade-in. The promotion did not restrict condition of phone or age of phone.  Before I submitted and sent the phones, I called to confirm that the $700/phone rebate would be honored because the system was not reflecting that rate. I was assured that both phones qualified for the $700/phone rebate and to submit using the online system even though the rates were only $46 and $154.  We only received $46 and $154 in account credit. I called to have the issue rectified but was given the run-around. I came to the forum and noticed that this type of concern appears to be an ongoing issue for Verizon. Clearly, Verizon needs to invest in their rebate system so that the promotions are reflected properly.

After nearly a decade of rebate fraud complaints, why hasn't Verizon made such an investment? Could it be because the company is happy to defraud its customers out of rebate money?

I called the 844-408-8470 number to speak with someone from the Switch team and nobody answered. It rang half a dozen times and then a recording indicated that nobody was available and disconnected the call. I did this multiple times. So please don't bother suggesting that I resolve the issue by calling there. 

I understand that Verizon employees are in a horrible situation by having to deal with unsatisfied customers because of a fraudulent practice that is obviously part of the company's business model. I could never perform the job that your team performs. But please, for the love of dog, apply the $1200 rebate balance due to my account, escalate my complaint to someone that can, or provide me with the names and contact information of the persons at Corporate that are in charge of the rebate program and your system infrastructure.

Thank you, in advance, for your attention to this matter.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!