Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade In- a scam indeed
mikesierra32

I did not pay attention to the people who've reported being ripped off here and on other fora before trading in my device and switching from AT&T to Verizon. Shame on me. 

Me and my wife switched to Verizon last month for an ongoing promotion. I went from Note 8 to Note 20 ultra and she went from iPhone 8 to the iPhone 11 max pro. I was getting a trade in credit of $400 and she would get $850 over 24 months.

Both phones were in prestine condition and fully functional. 

To our shock, I received an email saying that her phone doesn't turn on/has damaged screen and will not qualify for the trade in. They graciously would give me $72 gift card instead. 

What are they talking about!

I was planning to send a Notice of Dispute. Do any of the previous posters have some suggestions if there is a better way to get the trade in back or the full promotional value 

Without trade in promotion, I am paying the full price and have little incentive to stick to Verizon! 

I was planning to send a Notice of Dispute though. Do any of the previous posters have some suggestions if there is a better way to get the trade in back or the full promotional value?

Best Regards 

Re: Trade In- a scam indeed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is important that you are able to get the correct trade-in value, mikesierra65. Did the email with the revised trade in value include photos of the damage?

0 Likes
HD40112

Same thing happened to me. Trade in value promised $600. Today I got an email with $61 gift card. 

Reason - Better qualifying promotion found. 

I wish read about Verizon’s trade-in scam before I signed up for 2 years. 

0 Likes
JayMcC

Just had this happen to me! Was quoted $850 trade in. My phone was in perfect condition. Yesterday got a email with a $70 value on my phone. Was on a call for 1.5 hours. The picture sent is not my phone. There was a huge crack on the bottom left corner. I know for a fact that my phone was in perfect condition. 

0 Likes
mikesierra32

No, there is no attached photograph. I am perhaps expected to just accept that my perfectly fine phone was non responsive after reaching there! 

The customer care representative that I spoke to on the phone also asked if I had received a photograph.

He then went on to suggest that I was not eligible for the promotion anyways. When I gave him the order number with the promotion details, he asked me file a complaint with UPS who could have damaged the phone in transit. 

0 Likes
JayMcC

I have reached out to the BBB and my US House Representative about mine. They told me that $70 was it after final review. Blamed me for possibly packing it wrong. More lies from them. 

0 Likes
mikesierra32

I have filled a Notice of Dispute.

Let's see how they respond. If they don't give me the correct value, a difference of $750 is enough to consider a lawyer for arbitration. 

0 Likes
JayMcC

Very good. I’ll keep ya posted on my situation as well. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry for the situation as we want to ensure we get to the bottom of this. I will send a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sounds great, JayMcC! We will be here when you are ready!

0 Likes