Trade In credit issue
parthasarathik
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm one of the frustrated customers who is going through the Trade-in issue by verizon. I'm a new customer to Verizon that switched 2 lines from another carrier in July. It was an order that was placed through their sales team over phone. At the time of signing up for Verizon, I was told I can trade-in my 2 Galaxy S8s and get 2 Galaxy S21s for free for a trade-in value of $800.00 for each of my old phones(They said they would even accept if the screen is cracked) as I'm switching. Verizon had a $800 value promotion at that time for trade-ins and my old devices were in a perfect working  condition and no damages. I was told great things about the ways I can save money with this offer and they also helped me understand an estimated monthly bill. It all sounded great until I found that they didn't put in the request for the trade-in kit. I had to follow up to get the trade-in kit shipped to me. They told me to ignore the $ value shown in the trade-in kit confirmation email and the actual trade in will be $800 that was mentioned in the promotion. While I was on the phone still, I told them I got the email but it didn't have any information. They said it was a glitch and asked me to ignore. I received the trade in kit and I sent them the old devices. They were received but flagged incorrectly on their end as Galaxy S8s but from different carriers than the original carrier. After follow up verizon gave me a trade in credit of $23.00 for each device. I followed up with verizon again and it was several calls to their customer service. Every time I spoke to someone, I had to explain the whole thing, they told me it will be escalated and asked me to allow up to 7 business days for a resolution. All the customer support people I spoke to said it was a mistake that they didn't apply the correct trade in value and tried to cool me off every time and said that Verizon would keep the promise. Several hours spent on the call so far and the issue wasn't resolved yet. I'm asked to write to corporate correspondence by a gentleman who I spoke today. This sounds to me like STOP calling us and we can't give your money or devices back.
Verizon can you send my old devices back? They were in good condition and definitely worth more than $23.00. Worth the starter phones for kids!! Looking at the internet, I'm not alone and there are lot of customers affected by this issue. Your systems are broken and once it's past 30 days we are locked for the contract period and you get mint money with your fake promotions. STOP this fake promotion Verizon ‌😡

PK
Tags (3)
Re: Trade In credit issue
parthasarathik
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue was resolved today by a customer service agent. It was lot of wait time before I spoke to Adam, but he was right to the point as soon as I started explaining the issue. He was able to pull up the prior notes and was able to empathize with me and assured me his goal is to resolve the issue right on that call and he did it. That was just awesome! I wish I had spoken to this guy the first time I called them. It sounds to me like a training issue across the board. Some agents are able to do the right things and some are not? Anyways thank you Adam for resolving this issue.

PK
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

parthasarathik, we know it is important to get the value you were expecting for your trade ins. May we ask when you you purchased your new phones and traded in the old ones? Do you have a submission ID? *Joshua

0 Likes
sheilsrave
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to us also.

We did a BoGo in January for iphone 12 pro Max x 2; with setting up new line.

Then on my husband's line, he did a trade in during February.

Well, there were multiple errors and I've spent hours and hours and hours of my life (i'm a frontline healthcare worker and mom of 3 elementary aged kiddos who were virtual last year-- and 2 have special needs)-- trying to get this corrected. The most they were able to finally give for the trade-in value, which should have been $500 at the time, was $125. The BoGO offer was processed incorrectly, initially and then over and over again there were errors (multiple calls to customer service). I'm so incredibly disappointed and upset. I feel gaslit and also, like a victim of fraud. *but* our whole family is on our verizon family plan (my mom, my husband, our niece) -- so I am even more concerned about the ramifications of switching carriers at this time. 

I hope that you receive more help than I did.

Good luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help, sheilsrave!  Please send us a private note to better assist. ~Baldo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed informaton and as a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We appreciated your time and patience and for working with our representatives. We will share your awesome feedback about your recent customer service experience with our Leadership Team.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us today.-Robert C.

0 Likes
jagr21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have almost an identical problem. I traded in my phone to get the $800 promotional credit. It didn't show up the next billing cycle. I called customer service and they said to wait and it would  show up on the next billing cycle. So I waited. Now i am getting a credit for only $12.50 a month. Or $300 over 24 months. I never would have traded in my old phone. I want my full credit as advertised and promised.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jagr21,we certainly want for you to get the promotion you deserve. I have sent you a Private Note so we may look further into this for you. 

-Christine

0 Likes
Re: Trade In credit issue - 30 Days
mh328verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot believe Verizon's trickery. I just got an email saying I would receive $0 ZERO dollars for my iphone trade-in instead of the $650 promised. What a S C A M. I cannot believe it.

Customer service told me I had 30 days to ship the trade-in phone back to them...now they say they have to receive the phone in 30 days. Well, it's not my fault your prepaid shipping service that you made me use took more than two weeks to deliver the phone to you!

I am furious. I don't control FedEx. I don't control your receiving department. I shipped it on time. 

I have been with Verizon for nearly two decades. What the heck.

Re: Trade In credit issue - 30 Days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to miss out on a credit. We would love to look further into this with you. Please send us a private message.-Joe

0 Likes