Re: Trade In credit issue - 30 Days
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can review your account with you, and ensure that all eligibilty requirements are being met to get this value for this promotion. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here, so we can gather all the information necessary to review for this promotion.

*Robert

0 Likes
Arussel88

Where do I leave a private message? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A Private Note has (just now) been sent.
-David

0 Likes
Mskisha728

Having the same issue. Hold times 2 hours- people at the store, including manager, can’t fix it even though they tried to help. Spoke to 3 customer service agents and still waiting on the 3rd one who said he would follow up with me in a week to confirm the correction was made for the full $800 loyalty credit as the phone traded in was in excellent condition. Representative confirmed this happens all the time, but said he was completing a form for a promotion credit adjustment. Tired of calling Verizon for the same issue. Don’t want to go back to the store and wait 2 hours only to have it unresolved again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is far from the promotional experience we want for you, Mskisha728. I've sent you a Private Note to investigate further into your promotion concerns. Please reply at your earliest convenience. 

-Kia

0 Likes
Re: Trade In credit issue - more than $1100 trade-in value evaporated with no explanation
bcbrofman

I too was hoodwinked out of a Samsung Galaxy S9 in excellent condition. The promotion was for $800 trade-in value. As far as I have been able to determine, a very small one-time credit, to the tune of $25-35 was applied to my account. There was a long delay between when I ordered my 2 phones and when I received them, probably leading to Verizon counting the late activation date as my 1st interaction with Verizon. But I had to wait a long time to receive the phones after ordering.

In addition, I sent in  2nd phone, a iPhone 6P, for which I was guaranteed slightly more than $400 trade-in value over 48 months. That phone disappeared, and I haven't even received acknowledgement that it was received by Verizon.

Both phones were in perfect working condition. According to my experience, I have been tricked out of more than $1100 by Verizon.

If this can't be resolved soon, and if I don't receive what I was promised multiple times by agents in numerous phone calls and conversations, then I will begin reporting how Verizon tricked me out of more than $1100.

0 Likes
Re: Trade In credit issue - more than $1100 trade-in value evaporated with no explanation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of receiving your promotion and we can certainly review the status, and what needs to be done for you to receive the promotion. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist.

*Gert

0 Likes
Re: Trade In credit issue
TNir
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have similar problem and am extremely frustrated with Verizon!
On December 13, 2021,  I traded in my daughters phone, iPhone 8+ for iPhone 13 pro max to get the $800 loyalty promotional credit over 30 months. The phone was in good condition. I was reassured by the sales rep a few times that as long as the phone is working the trade in credit will be applied.  The credit didn't show up the next 2 billing cycle. I called customer service and they said to wait and it would  show up on the next billing cycle. I called again and agin and basically spent endless amount of hours on the phone only to find out that verizon decided that the phone was damaged.  It wasn’t. The screen protector I put on cracked but the phone was in good working condition: can receive and make calls, text messages, and photos.  I have text messages from a Verizon rep in March, confirming the correction was applied to my account, and yet, nothing was corrected. There are a lot of notes on my account from all the times I called and was promised that they will take care of the credit and yet, nothing!
Now, I am getting a credit for only $3.33 a month. Or $100 over 30 months. I never would have traded in the old phone, It worked well and was good enough for my daughter.  This is not the right way to treat your customers, in particular, a 7 years customer with 3 lines on the account! I want my full credit as advertised and promised!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello TNir! 

We value your long time loyalty, and I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties with trading in your device! We are here to help, and we would love to review your options for a solution. Typically, if a device is returned with damage, this does change the trade in value. Let's take a closer look, and see how we can help resolve your concerns. Please reply to my Private Note for additional assistance. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
DesteniH

While I'm not glad this is happening to so many others, I feel better that I'm not the only one with this issue. 

I traded in my iPhone X in July 2021 when I transferred my services to Verizon, with the promised $800 credit that I see others were lured in by as well. I've called and chatted in nearly once a month since then to try and figure out why I was not receiving the trade-in credits I agreed to when sending them my phone and have been jerked around the entire time, wasting hours upon hours upon hours with zero resolution while working full time, caring for a baby who has grown from a 6 month old to a full toddler at this point in the game, and trying to take care of the million other things we're all responsible for. This is ludicrous, infuriating, and beyond acceptable. I've kept the conversation and chat IDs from the majority of these conversations, provide them each time I follow up, and aside from ONE REP out of this entire 8+ month period, not a single one of them even bothers to go back and look at the notes to see where prior reps have located my submission ID, verified that I *SHOULD* be receiving these credits, etc. My most recent chat they tried to tell me that no such promotions ever existed. What bologna! I would love at this point to have my phone returned to me, be credited for the bills that have been paid without this credit attached, or have the full amount of the PROMISED AND AGREED UPON credit applied to my account. The inefficiency, runaround, and gaslighting happening on behalf of Verizon is absolutely unacceptable. 

0 Likes