Re: Trade-In kits not recieved FOUR times - credited only a FRACTION of the promised amount
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

I have explained the situation so many times it is ludicrous.  Hours and hours and days wasted re-explaining Verizon’s incompetence.   The last 3 hour conversation in private chat was left with your team restating the problem and promising it would get fixed in 24 hours.   That did not happen so I have submitted a claim to the FCC.    The burden should not be on me, the customer, to have deep understanding of the ins and outs of your system and explain over and over to your customer service reps the same simple issues and what needs to be corrected.  Here are just a few tips for Verizon:

1.   When a customer signs up for a trade in promotion, then mail the trade-in kits to customers, and if they don’t arrive and customer requests them 3 more times by phone, chat, online form, etc - maybe Verizon should actually follow through and send them.  

2.  When you promise a value for a trade-in  - don’t be a j*rk and update the trade in value to a fraction of what was promised.   I had photos of all my phones reset and powered on in perfect condition.   

3.  When a customer contacts Verizon to explain a problem - instead on knee-j*rk responding with justifying what happened by making illogical excuses - maybe you should listen and try to actually help.  

4.  When you promise to fix something within a certain time frame - then follow through.

These are patterns of behavior that are widespread.   Take a browse through your own message boards or check out Reddit.

Either Verizon is grossly incompetent or Verizon is engaging in unfair trade practices which is illegal.   

Which one is it?

Re: Trade-In kits not recieved FOUR times - credited only a FRACTION of the promised amount
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand why you feel the way you do. I wish you had a better experience. We have no way to guarantee it gets there. Going forward you can print the label from home without waiting. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/print-return-label/ 

-Carter

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support   Your own website - MULTIPLE TIMES - specifies if you had requested a trade-in kit, you CANNOT use the print-at-home label.   If that is an option, then perhaps your website should specify that if the trade-in kit isn’t received, that you can print the label your self.  

Once again, it feels like a strategy on Verizon’s part to inhibit trade-ins.  

FC272599-A760-477C-A23F-37AB4EC36F74.jpeg

B2A80BFF-9B95-448E-B79F-3043A5581C8D.jpeg

The website also says if the device isn’t received in 30 days they can reduce the value credited.    I called in a panic many many times to find a solution and they just kept re-ordering the trade-in kit that never came….

So, perhaps your customer service reps should have better training - and your website should be updated - to indicate that a print at home label is suitable when the trade-in kit isn’t received.    

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will be sending you a private note for further assistance. 

~Laura

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support 

Why do you have to respond in private message?   This is an issue with inconsistent/conflicting information on your website vs what customer service reps are advising.   What can’t you straighten this out for everyone by clarifying what is the truth in this message?  Hiding your responses in private messages is not helpful.    It reduces Verizon’s accountability to be transparent and to follow through with their policies.    

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jennk1 ,

Apologies for any confusion, but when we ask for a Private Note, it's because there's going to be access to and discussion of personal information in your account, such as trade details or whatever else would be relevant to assisting you. We take account security very seriously, so we do not discuss your private information in a public forum, just like if you were to visit a doctor and they would not discuss or work in the waiting room, or if you visited your bank and your account balance and history was handled at the counter in private instead of the main area where others can find out your private details. You also shared a screenshot of our Trade FAQ: https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/ , but your options can vary on getting a return kit based on how the trade was initiated. What you shared under #4 is if you initiate an online trade yourself without any promotion involved. Depending on the promotion and your account history, you may be given your trade promo upfront, or can reprint a trade return label through your My Verizon account through the Orders page in your online account, as a few examples of how an FAQ cannot account for specific situations. Your trade submission ID would be used to follow the progress of your trade, and if you received a different amount from what was estimated, there's a reason for that listed in the status: https://www.verizon.com/sales/digital/tradeinstatus.html . Does that help with what you wanted to know?

-Russell

0 Likes
Re: Trade-In kits not recieved FOUR times - finally I sent with self-printed label - Trade in value credited only a FRACTION of the promised amount
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're one of the thousands that have had a SAME issue with Verizon. ( June 2021 ) This very same thing ( traded 2 perfectly good phones ) with original boxes and such that we were "promised" 579.99 for one and 849.00 for the other. Got the run-around for over 4 MONTHS  and ( I keep all my notes) still didn't get full credit for our phones ( the old "device credit or payment" scheme) 

We're nearing the end of our 2 yr "contract"  and Verizon sends me ANOTHER " your phone is worth $1000 to us and you'll get a S23+ for "free" with device payments /credits.  I THINK we are just about done with this "stuff" . (It's all about how Verizon is switching the money figures / dollar signs around to make us THINK we are getting a "deal" Remember this, NOTHING is "Free"

0 Likes
Re: Trade-In kits not received FOUR times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Class3nh, thank you for contacting us. To better assist you, could you send me a Private Message?. I will be more than happy to address your concern over your trade-in.

Thank you.

>Tony 

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Tony

If I were able to send you a private message, I would, but how? 

Since we are on this, my concern is getting the "free" S23+ with NO strings attached.  ( thus my wife sends in her S21 fe and it should be a Even Wash ( no money put out for the "free" S23+ and NO Device payments attached to our account)  I highly doubt this will happen.  PLUS we stay on our 55+ Loyalty Plan as it is with no "upgrade" required.  In the end, how does this ( the "free" S23+ ) happen? 

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tony

I just spoke with another Verizon Rep ( via the chat ) they NOW wanted me to bite on 2   samsung  s23 Ultras 256 gig units for 5.50 A MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS.  I DEF know this can't possibly happen. He ( his name was "John" ) also told me I had to change my 55 plus Loyalty Unlimited Plan to upgrade my plan and then retun it BACK to the previous plan ( THAT can't possibly be real either)  

When it was all said and done,  I figured out I'd have a 3 yr contract, paying for the phones at almost full price and being Lowballed on the 2 phones I was sending back. ( I'd be going from 108.00 a month with no contract to about 165.00- 175.00 a month with a contract I can't get out of. 

We have been Verizon Customers  for over 20 years now.  I'm losing faith in Verizon and the Promises they can't keep.

0 Likes