Trade In
macroomboy

I tried to upgrade my wife's phone today, speaking to the agent thru chat, I described the phone I would be trading in, she told me that it would qualify for the full $800  trade in discount, she then asked me for access to my account, and immediately backed off from the #$800 to $400, she said the discount was system generated, so she could do nothing about it

So it would appear , even among existing customers, Verizon has different offerings based upon whatever metric they decide to use, as a 20+ year customer, they obviously feel I'm not likely to leave, so they offer less of a deal than they do to other existing customers they fear may leave

0 Likes
Re: Trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

macroomboy,

We want to make sure you always get the best possible deal on your trade. I know that's a big deal. With many of our trade-in deals there are a number of factors in what you'll get. These include the phone you're trading, its condition, what plan you're on, and more. I definitely am sorry that the agent initially had the wrong amount, but I'm very glad this was caught quickly so we could let you know what to expect. We definitely value your more than 20 years of loyalty and we're glad to help find the best option. What phone are you considering upgrading to? What would you be trading? -Andrew

0 Likes
macroomboy

Trading an Iphone 7 plus, looking to get an Iphone 12 or 13

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for confirming. is the iPhone 7 Plus in good working order? ~Roger

0 Likes
macroomboy

Yes, 

0 Likes
macroomboy

Its in almost perfect condition

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

macroomboy How can we help you?-Dolores

0 Likes
macroomboy

I believe Roger was going to offer me a better deal on trading in an Iphone 7 plus for an iphone 12 or 13

0 Likes
macroomboy

I see the message , but see no option to respond or acknowledge it

0 Likes
macroomboy

Got this PM, but there is no way to reply or acknowledge its receipt

We'd be happy to look closer inside your account, macroomboy. There may be a specialized offer geared specifically for you. If not, all promos we offer can be found here. https://www.verizon.com/deals/. We've sent you a private note, please acknowledge so we can then proceed forward.      -Joey
0 Likes