Trade-in Issue Unresolved
davidwolf1964

Back in May I purchased a new iPhone as a part of a Verizon promotional offer link to the trade-in of my current iPhone.  I returned the old iPhone as instructed, Verizon acknowledged receipt of it, but I have yet to receive my credit despite Verizon having the phone for 10 weeks now.  I have chatted and spoken with representatives many times (most recently on July 20) in an attempt to resolve this issue, but it still not resolved.  I’m fed up and don’t know where to turn next.

I learned from the last phone call that the iPhone I returned had an IMEI that was different from the IMEI that Verizon was expecting.  I believe that to be true.  When I went to select the IMEI associated with my phone number at trade-in, there were two listed.  I didn’t think anything about it at the time (I wish that I had), and I just selected one.  I’ve now come to learn that the IMEI that I selected was for a phone that had been previously swapped out because it was defective.

Okay, I can understand why there’s a mix-up, but why am I now left with this problem.  Two things:  First, the incorrect IMEI that I selected WAS PROVIDED BY VERIZON FROM MY ACCOUNT.  It’s not like I just dreamed up some IMEI number, so they have some culpability with this problem.  Second, VERIZON HAS POSSESSION OF MY iPHONE – AN $800 VALUE – AND HAS BECOME UNRESPONSIVE ON THE MATTER.

If this doesn’t get resolved soon, I will be issuing a Notice of Dispute and request arbitration.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Issue Unresolved
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

davidwolf1964,

Just like you, I want to make sure that I get the trade-in promotion that I had signed up for. In order to gather additional information, please send us a Private Note.

-Mark

0 Likes
davidwolf1964

@vzw_customer_support 

How do I send a Private Note?

0 Likes
davidwolf1964

Back in May I purchased a new iPhone as a part of a Verizon promotional offer link to the trade-in of my current iPhone.  I returned the old iPhone as instructed, Verizon acknowledged receipt of it, but I have yet to receive my credit despite Verizon having the phone for 10 weeks now.  I have chatted and spoken with representatives many times (most recently on July 20) in an attempt to resolve this issue, but it still not resolved.  I’m fed up and don’t know where to turn next.

I learned from the last phone call that the iPhone I returned had an IMEI that was different from the IMEI that Verizon was expecting.  I believe that to be true.  When I went to select the IMEI associated with my phone number at trade-in, there were two listed.  I didn’t think anything about it at the time (I wish that I had), and I just selected one.  I’ve now come to learn that the IMEI that I selected was for a phone that had been previously swapped out because it was defective.

Okay, I can understand why there’s a mix-up, but why am I now left with this problem.  Two things:  First, the incorrect IMEI that I selected was provided by Verizon from my account.  It’s not like I just dreamed up some IMEI number, so they have some culpability with this problem.  Second, Verizon has possession of my iPhone – an $800 value.

Please help me resolve this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6005MKFjc~Christian

0 Likes