Trade in Issue ongoing since 2021
Numasl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Afternoon,

My family and I have been customers of Verizon since prior to 2007. This past December, Verizon had a promotion to get the newest iPhone for free with our trade-in and upgrading to unlimited data. We were excited to hear this and pursued this deal. On December 31st, 2021 at 1:12 PM CST, I personally mailed back all 3 devices using the tracking number attached. I was notified in January that the devices were not received. We opened an investigation with UPS as instructed by the customer service rep and are still waiting for a resolution. UPS won’t speak to me as Verizon is the account holder for the shipping label. Since then, I have to call in every month to get my bill adjusted till the matter is resolved.

At one point the rep told me all devices were received/found using the IMEI (sp?) and to allow 2-3 billing cycles for the bill to update. I waited a few months and got a call saying my service was about to be turned off and I was going to be sent to collection. I called in again to customer service and I was then instructed to pay $137 per month and call In every month to have credits of $101 applied monthly till the investigation is complete. I have been doing so every month and every month I have to relay the full story of what happened. Each representative has told me that they’ve taken thorough notes and to have the representative next month just read their notes. Each month when I call in, the new representative tells me there aren’t any thorough notes. I have talked to financials, sales, and customer services multiple times each month. At this point I am hoping one of you can assist me with a resolution. I have tried to speak to a supervisor but was told supervisors don’t come to the phone. I have gone into the stores and been told they can’t help me. Unfortunately, I don’t have the old phones as I mailed them in and now I don’t know what else to do.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can be doing on my end to get this resolved.

Thank you for your time!

0 Likes
Re: Trade in Issue ongoing since 2021
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Numasl Thank you for reaching out to us today, and I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the experience you're having. To clarify, we never received any of the three returned phones? 

-Evelyn

0 Likes
Numasl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m not 100% sure. At one point I was told they were found via IMIE (sp?) but then I was told that they weren’t received 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We will be sending you a Private Note shortly. *Bryan

0 Likes