Trade-in Status
rfirooz

Hello,

I mailed my iPhone 5s appraised for $400 trade-in with iPhone 7 in the box I received in mail on Sept 21, and I see it delivered on Sept 27. My online status is still showing: "Recycling Box Mailed". I talked to a representative and they asked me to be patient, but I believe it should have been processed by now or the online status changed to show the delivery at least. I'm wondering if it's lost in the warehouse. How may I know if the warehouse has it and it's being processed?

I wish it was mentioned somewhere that I have the option to take the phone to the VZW store and hand it in for trade-in.

Regards

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Status
Weth
Legend

It took me 20 days to get the confirmation email that my full trade in value was accepted.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rfirooz, we understand that it can make you anxious to wait on the phone to process in the warehouse. It does take 1-2 weeks total for the order to ship and process through the warehouse, because they do inspect the trade-in device for damage and defects. Do you have a tracking number that shows that you sent the package and it made it to our warehouse?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rfirooz

MarcusS_VZW,

It's been 2 weeks now since it was delivered to the warehouse. Yes, I have the USPS tracking number, gave it to the first VZW phone representative I spoke with last week; it's already on file and was verified today upon my phone call.

Thanks

0 Likes
rfirooz

Thanks Weth. Has anyone else waited so long to see the status update online?

0 Likes
JULY81971
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have. Way back before Verizon had iPhones, i sent back a Droid Thunderbolt. I had a tracking number to prove it was returned. It was returned in the packaging Verizon sent me. A few months later they charged me the full retail price for the phone. It took months and the prospect of a lawsuit to get them to acknowledge that they were in the wrong and to get the bill fixed.  I almost left Verizon over it. I still refuse to mail any devices to Verizon. I almost had a panic attack when I had to mail a Note 7 to Assurion.

rfirooz

JULY81971, thanks for sharing your story.

0 Likes
MONLAW43
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the exact same situation as you.  Mine was received according to the tracking number on 10/7, confirmed receipt with the rep by phone on 10/11, and still saying "recycling box mailed" online as of today.  Has your device status updated? 

rfirooz

Not yet. it's officially 3 weeks now and the status is not updated yet. I'm going to call the trade-in department again and have them do something.

0 Likes
rfirooz

@MarcusS_VZW, It's 3 weeks now and no update yet. How can you help me with this issue?

0 Likes