Re: Trade-in Status?
GatorBehr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, it's been almost ten days since I sent a PM and I still haven't heard anything from Verizon regarding the matter. I am starting to lose my patience here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@GatorBehr ,

Apologies, but we have not received any Private Messages from you yet. The best way to track the status of any traded in phone will be through the trade website that was provided earlier, along with the submission ID that is associated with that specific trade. It is great to know that you followed the instructions and sent back two devices using their own trade box and labels, and that one of the trades has already been completed. As long as that other device has been received, your part is done and any applicable promotions with it will be applied to your account after it has been processed, along with any backdated credits to align it with your new purchase's device payment.

0 Likes
GatorBehr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've sent two private messages. I guess I will send one more. 

Although UPS delivered my item on June 28, your website still shows that I have not even shipped the device. $700 I stand to lose. Not to mention, even though the second trade was received and processed on July 6, I still have no credit on my PayPal account for that $440. This is a scam

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can assure you, if the device made it to our warehouse, we would have processed your credit. This would indicate an issue with the shipping carrier. Do you have the tracking ID? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
GatorBehr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both devices were delivered to your warehouse.

For the missing trade-ins, The iphone 12 Pro Max ($700) submission ID is  859025716364198 and the tracking number is 1Z90A26F9016933774.   For the iPad Pro ($440) submission ID is 829982519868175 and tracking number is 1Z90A26F9027948363.

rmac8100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue with 3 phones, traded in at the end of June, and all 3 have been received.  Two were in a box that was delivered to Ft. Worth (I have tracking indicating it was received), and the other was turned in to a store in Austin, TX (I have that receipt).  No credit given, and we are now on billing cycle number 4!  Please, give some update besides telling me that you are working on it.  I have been told that line for 2 billing periods, and I would like my credits.

SORKA95032
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the exact same issue. Sent $800 trade-in XR for an iPhone 14 Pro upgrade using the supplied shipping label. Note the label itself doesn't say anything about it being a trade-in but email that has the label attached has the iPhone 14 Pro order number. 

I shipped it on Dec 2nd. UPS showed it in transit on the 3rd. It's now the 8th and the trade-in status page is still stuck at "Initiated'. 

I've called numerous times and each time am told it can take a while to inspect the device. That's not the issue. The issue is that Verizon's site still thinks I haven't even shipped it yet which makes me think there's some mismatch in the system with the UPS tracking id and the trade-in submission id.

On November 23rd moments entering the trade-in information for the iPhone 14 Pro I was ordering, I got an email that told me to return my device.  Looking at the email, it doesn't actually say anything about it being a trade-in. It says:

Your return label is attached.

Thanks for contacting us for a return label. Follow the directions below and then send your item(s) as soon as possible so we can complete your return.

Don't forget! For device returns, complete the below:

In Settings, turn off all password-protected security features (activation lock, including Find My iPhone or Kill Switch)

Backup and save your contacts and content, including pictures.

Clear your device of all content.

Make sure to turn off your device.

Securely package your device in a box. Please do not use an envelope as the device may get damaged.

Use the return label attached and ship.

It also has the order number for the iPhone 14 Pro. But nowhere in the email with the label does it say anything about the trade-in and nowhere does it have the trade-in submission id that came with the email that came moments before that also had the order number.

UPS shows it delivered to the return center in Fort Worth but the verizon trade-in status still shows it in the "Initiated" state. Why isn't their system updating the status as it changes? This should be automatic. 

Also, I sent the return in the box that the iPhone 14 Pro came in. The rep on the phone said I could use any box or order a trade-in kit. I told the rep that I'd just return it the box I was getting the 14 Pro in and since it was secured in the original apple product box with package filler to keep it from knocking around, that should be fine.

Will not having sent it back with a trade-in kit matte? BTW, the order email says a trade-in kit will be mailed to me. I never received a trade-in kit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration of not knowing the actual status of your trade in device SORKA95032. I'm sorry the status is showing on our side as still initiated but I assure you, as long as we receive the device back in our warehouse, we can track it down and make sure its evaluated for your promotion. The entire process can take 1-2 billing cycles and its also our Holiday season so the warehouse can be a bit busy during this time.  If you don't receive a notification of your trade in promotion being applied after your 2nd bill cycle following the shipping of your trade in device, reach out to us by phone, Twitter, or facebook or by chatting with us and we can start an investigation.

I hope this helps. Do you have any other questions? 

-Kinquana

0 Likes
SORKA95032
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not even the amount of time it takes to evaluate it. It's the fact that Verizon shows it not shipped yet UPS shows it received in Fort Worth already. 

I have a bit of PTSD over this because the exact same the happened the last time I sent a trade-in to verizon. After a month, it still showed as not received. I kept pointing out that their own tracking number showed it it delivered. It took 6 months and probably 50 hours of phone calls before Verizon finally logged the trade-in. 

0 Likes
SORKA95032
Enthusiast - Level 2

...and it doesn't help that Verizon keeps sending reminder emails that if they don't receive it by the 23rd that my $800 credit will either be reduced or removed altogether.

I took a long video of the phone showing the IMEI number, me turning off find my phone, signing out of iCloud, resetting the device, turning it off, and then putting it and sealing the shipping box, and then putting the label on it. After the last time where the said it didn't matter if the tracking label showed it returned...if they couldn't find the find, I wouldn't get the trade-in credit. 

0 Likes