Trade-in bait and switch
PJR20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone actually had the issue of bait and switch trade-in value resolved by Verizon? We traded in 3 lines, two orders placed online with Verizon rep assistance on phone who confirmed $579 value ( I also have screenshots) and one order was placed by another Verizon rep who also assured us $579 trade-in value after entering old phone IMEI#. 2nd rep (Reagan) also promised to call us back in 2 weeks to confirm that trade-in went smoothly. Turns out we are only going to receive $100 for each, instead of the promised $579. No follow-up call from Reagan or anyone at Verizon. After spending hours on phone and being transferred and disconnected multiple times, I wonder if I should just cut my losses and take our phones to T-Mobile and accept the $800 per line that they are offering. 

Re: Trade-in bait and switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available promotions, PJR20. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. We want to take a second look at this situation and get additional information. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this matter. -Gerson

0 Likes
PJR20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I responded to the private message on 10-5-21 and asked them to review notes on my account from phone customer service reps confirming my trade-in values ($579 each for 3 lines, the 4th line was different promotion and was correct).  I have heard nothing since then.

sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your frustration.  I have been trying to resolve a device trade in credit for 1 of 2 phones that I traded in since Aug 10, 2021.  I applaud Verizon for resolving one of them couple weeks ago.  But the second one hasn't been resolved. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for any delay in getting a reply back from your Private Note. Please resend a Private Note so we can make sure to review all the details of the account and the trade-in values. -Kevin

PJR20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replied again today to the private message but I feel that I am on the road to nowhere. I am being patient but I will ultimately notify consumer protection agencies if this is not resolved. Customers are being cheated by your trade-in policies and left with no recourse after taking your reps at their word.  This seems to be Verizon’s way of doing business. 

Juicybaka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! I just had this exact issue with Verizon! I was looking to upgrade, replace an existing line. I have (2) iPhone 7 Pluses to trade. I was able to select the phones which both are in my account. One is being used, and the other is backup at home in case of damage or loss. I entered the parameters of current phones condition, the phone I’m on right now listed as BAD. Works fine, but has cracked screen. Verizon’s trade in is $350.00; fair enough!

However, when I was able to add the second phone which has no cracked screen, the value was only $32.00? I patiently waited and trouble shot over the phone with Verizon for one hour. Closed the app multiple times, resubmitted the phones in different orders and in different conditions and no matter the order, the values would still come up the same. Verizon said it was likely an error on IT end and they would value the second phone at least the $350.00 which would give me $700.00 trade. BUT that could change once they receive my phones regardless of me filling in the 3 different parameters of the phones condition. 
HERES where Verizon becomes Phishy with the bait and switch! As soon as I get off the phone I go back onto the app and try for the umteenth time. THIS TIME there’s NO OPTION to add second phone for trade in. And the one phone I am able to add is valued at $400.00?? Huh?? No option to enter phones condition either. $400.00, that’s it. One phone only THIS TIME. It’s funny what you can do now with a click of a button! Bait and Switch, YES! BIG TIME! 

25 plus years of business Verizon! Are you listening? Want to make this Right! I do! 

Also mentioned I would like to file a “ticket” for this issue. I was told it would likely take a long time for them to get back to me and they need more people to address this similar problem to them before taking action. Does Verizon know there are people behind the “numbers”? Let’s see if Verizon posts this concern or deletes with click-of -the-button

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am shocked to hear about your experience. We do appreciate your loyalty. I want to do everything I can to help you. Please meet me in a private message. 

-Amber

0 Likes
heidibhmh411
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bait and switch take 3 for me.  I was on with Verizon several times over a 2 1/2 hours trying to upgrade and trade in my phone.  Each time they said that phone was eligible for 1,000 trade in.  I finally after hours of trying to get this done picked up the new phone and handed off my old phone at the verizon store.  Even the store rep said the phone looked perfect.  Guess what, it was!  

I just received notification that my phone was valued at 313.00.  No issues with the phone ever.  Same case, same screen protector for 3 years.  It is all RUBBISH.  I will be paying off my phones and switching.  I have been a long time customer and feel they have manipulated so many people with this trade  BAIT AND SWITCH and then having to upgrade plans to the better service.   Don't trade your phone in to Verizon!!!  Sell it, you will get more money and less hassle!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there. We're always happy to take a second look at your trade-in here. We certainly want to help figure out what's going on. To continue a conversation, please send us a Private Note.

*Gavin

0 Likes