Trade in discrepancies
StacyS63

I have traded in three phones with Verizon. The first several months ago. I had fantastic service when I called the Recycling program help line and asked why I was given $35 for a should have been $125 trade in . I was told there was a scratch on the screen. There was no scratch and when I asked of proof they agreed there was no scratch after reviewing the pictures. Taken care of. Several weeks ago I sent in two iPhones in for the $200 buy back promotion. I was given full credit for the 4S, but to my surprise $76 for my mint condition 5. When I checked online it said that the SIM card drawer was missing or broken. WHAT??? The SIMS card was never accessed on this phone and remained fully enclosed in a Otterbox the moment it was removed from its packaging until sent to Verizon. I called. Waited on hold for over 20 minutes both times. The young man I spoke to continued to put me on hold and after asking me twice what my contact number was, managed to hang up on me. No call back. The next young lady I talked to listened quietly and hung up. Sooo...I was dinged $125 for a damaged piece that was not damaged. Nor, was it one of the things the trade back value was based on. According to the Apple store, the SIMS piece is less than a $3 repair if it was broken. I sent an email to the Verizon Recycling Program with no response. I am seeing a pattern here. What does my next step need to be? At this point my phone needs to be returned or I need to be credited the amount that is owed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in discrepancies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StacyS63, I appreciate the details you've provided with your Trade-In experience. It's truly disheartening to learn that you've had such difficuty when contacting the team, directly. I know it's important to gain a full understanding and proof of the decrease in value received for your iPhone 5, indeed. I am confident they will be able to assist in providing all the information needed to ensure you receive the correct value. How long ago did you send your email in? Did you receive pictures of the SIM card tray and screen scratch?

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Trade in discrepancies
StacyS63

Good morning and thank you for your quick response. I sent my email out on Dec.1 and no, I received no pictures. The phone with the "scratch" was resolved. When they pulled the pictures up, there was no scratches on it. The screen had always been covered. I was not even aware that my phone had a SIM card or drawer and once again, it has always been covered. At this point, I have no faith in this process and what actually happens when it gets inspected. The phone was in excellent working condition when it was shipped to Verizon and that can be checked against my bill. Let's just say for argument that the drawer did have damage...I new drawer could be purchased on Amazon $3.76!!!!  I'm $125 short on my refund.

0 Likes