Trade-in issue
Misfitsp
Enthusiast - Level 1

IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING TRADING IN A PHONE TO VERIZON, READ THIS FIRST!!

Sent in a perfectly fine phone for a $750 trade to sign up with Verizon. 2 weeks later they tell me my old phone I traded in doesn't work and has a cracked screen. Sent me a pic of a phone (allegedly my trade in phone) that looked like the screen was shot with a BB gun. They then offered me $46 instead of the $750. I sent in a phone I babysat for 2 years with zero cracks and 100% worked fine.  I have zero recourse from Verizon on this issue. So now I'm stuck in a $704 hole.  Customer service is the worst and zero help after 4 hours. I even offered to sent them my brand new S 21+ back in exchange for my damaged phone... they declined. Unreal. 

Re: Trade-in Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Misfitsp, we are truly sorry to hear about your experience. Allow us the opportunity to further review the details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Trade-in issue
Misfitsp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Replied within an hour of them "reaching out" to me and still no response almost a week later. DON'T JOIN VERIZON! 

Re: Trade-in issue
RHOFOX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know exactly how you all feel.  I am GLAD that I took photos of my phone and the box and the shipping label that show the excellent condition my phone was in.  I am contacting the FTC and the State's Attorney General and possibly a private attorney for a civil lawsuit.  I had a $800 quote and they ended up giving me a $105 credit.  

RHOFOX
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE to my post.  I received my $800 full credit after sitting on the phone for an hour holding for the Trade-In rep.  I told them I had pictures of my phone front and back.  I was told they keep images of the devices.  They pulled up images in their database and "could find no damage".  

I would suggest everyone take detailed photographs of your devices before trading them in.  I truly believe if I didn't have the evidence, I would not have had a resolution so quickly.

I am still troubled by this whole ordeal, and not happy about what I had to endure and what others are waiting for days and weeks to rectify.

0 Likes
Gsxrgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. Suddenly, my phones don’t qualify cause my plan is not a premium. Never mentioned and I can show emails showing the trade in value. They want to know only give the trade in as a $15 a month credit whilst my bill has gone from $220 to $817 and now back down to $468… so I was told my bill would be LOWERED from $220 not increased if I accepted their “promotion.” I am reporting to BBB, NJ consumer affairs, and the attorney generals office. I will also be speaking with David Searles who does class action lawsuits. I refuse to pay these amounts when it was all finalized BEFORE I accepted the “deal.” Now the customer service agent keeps telling me “you will either accept this the way it is or you will not receive any promotion at all.” They can send me my perfectly fine old phones and I’ll continue my $220 a month. I am not paying a car payment for a phone.. period. These are meant to bait you and then they pull a switch. This billion a year company needs to pay my credits in $15 increments? No thanks. Shame on you Verizon. I’m a military widow. I don’t have the time, patience, or money to toss around and not get the promotions as promised and detailed in writing. I’ve saved the chats and all emails. Do the right thing. Credit me the phones and then lower my bill to where you promised it would be if I “upgraded” and signed this contract. You’re in breach of contract. I will be the one person who follows through. We’ve spent 20 plus hours trying to fix this. Three hours today alone.