Trade in issue
Noobzy

Not sure where to go from here... Verizon estimated / promised an $800 credit, but I received $10.

Every service rep I speak to confirms it's an error on their end, takes down all the same information (IMEI number - it matches, tracking number - they received it and have photos, submission ID, promotion ID, and more) and promises that my account will be credited in one to two months.

It's been over six months now, with no end in sight and multiple hours wasted on the phone / on chat.

I've opened support tickets, but I mysteriously cannot open them after Verizon replies. I've asked for a supervisor callback in chat and had the agents leave (I was nothing if not polite). I cannot spend hours on the phone each month, and I think they know that. Verizon promised me something and is, I guess, just hoping I'll give up. 

Consider not trading in your phone - I've found many posts here just like mine. 

0 Likes
Re: Trade in issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are experiencing increased volumes. We will be with you shortly. Do not respond as this may cause delays in receiving a return message.

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
Re: Trade in issue
Noobzy

Well, apparently posting frustrations here is the correct move.

Despite being told over and over again that there is NO WAY for Verizon to make an immediate change to the account (🙄), a back and forth with the social media team resulted in a same-day change to my next bill forecast, with 8 months' owed payments showing up and an adjusted new monthly bill reflecting the ongoing payments. 

I wish I understood why this needed to be so hard, and there is no denying that this process dramatically soured what has otherwise been a seamless transition to Verizon.

0 Likes