Trade-in issue
Njean447
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently tried to participate in the trade-in promotion. I bought a new phone and picked it up at the store. I tried to trade my phone in there but the rep said I needed to mail it in and a box would be provided.

I received the pre-labeled box and returned the phone two months ago. Now I received my bill and the credit is gone and removed retroactively so my total went up A LOT.

I have called 3 times and I have been told that the UPS dropbox I used doesn’t exist, that I sent the phone to the wrong address (using their label) and that the phone is lost and there’s nothing to be done. 

During the second call, I was told they would look into it and call me back at 5pm. She even said, “I’m marking it down so I don’t forget.” No call came.

I called back and asked to speak to a manager and was refused. The rep took over 15 minutes to “read the notes of the previous calls thoroughly,” and then had to open a ticket with UPS to find the phone. I asked about other alternatives, in the case that the phone was lost, and I was told there was nothing that could be done.

The service was terrible. Nobody took ownership or tried to help in any actual way. When I asked to be sent a survey to provide feedback on my experience, I was told that would happen, and then it did not.

I have been on the phone for over three hours in total, and I’m not convinced that this isn’t a trick. I return the box, as instructed, with their pre-printed label, and I was told it was sent to the wrong place. I imagine during trade-in promotions, the company gets hundreds or thousands of trade ends. How is it possible that this one, with their label, went to the wrong address? And how is it possible that nobody can help?

I will never do a trade-in with Verizon again, and I’m very seriously considering changing my service.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Njean447, we understand the importance of ensuring you receive all trade-in promotions. I apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with trying to get this resolved. I know you mentioned a ticket with UPS was filed. Have you recieved the status of the ticket?  -Shelly

0 Likes
Njean447
Enthusiast - Level 1

No.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Njean447, no problem. We sent you a Private Message, please respond to the Private Message at your earliest convenience. JacobG_VZW

0 Likes