Trade in phone was stolen in a verizon store?
FRAFUR49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello i made three calls to Verizon corporate line and fourth call to Verizon store and one week later nobody has help me in anyway i originally when in a Verizon store and added another line and bought a promotion plan buy one get one free phone but a trade in phone that was on their list was required to be traded in with the plan the employee stated i would have up to 30 days to follow thru with the plan before it expired and i could go to any Verizon store and turn in a phone that was on the list he gave me so we purchase the added phone plan and phone that day and 10 days later i went to another store with a trade in phone that was on the list explain everything to the Verizon employee and he gave me the other phone and took my trade in.One moth later i look at my credit card statement and notice a high amount was charge on my credit card from Verizon,I reviewed the Verizon statement and noticed that they charge me for the free phone that i was supposed to received $699.00 and when i call the Verizon help line they told me that no traded phone was turned in and the store nevered credit my account or logged in the traded phone id numbers into the Verizon database.After many calls to Verizon and to the store that did this transaction they still have not straighten the situation out.I feel the store has camera and the cameras dont lie it will show that i handed a employee a perfect apple 6 trade in phone and he took advantage of a senior citizen and did not log that trade in cell phone id  into the Verizon database THAT'S STEALING I  gave Verizon plenty of time to resolve this but i have no choice but to notify the local authority and press charges and I'm also notifying the local TV networks Wink news so the community knows about the theif and they are aware how VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HONESTY IS IN THAT STORE.

Labels (1)
Re: Trade in phone was stolen in a verizon store?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that your trade-in phone was not correctly processed at a Verizon Wireless store, FRAFUR49. I am a consumer too, and I sincerely understand your discontent with this situation. Being that you brought the phone to the store to process the trade-in, the best path to resolve this issue is to visit the store where you processed the trade-in and the store manager will certainly assist you further.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FRAFUR49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Antonio.Thank you for taking interest in my problem.It goes to show that people outside of Verizon have a bigger heart than this big corporation. I did reach out to the store and that store is in Bonito Springs Florida and Kevin the manager in that store is a very polite and well manner manager and i feel sorry for him i don't think corp ,or his supervisors really care and that is the problem Verizon has very bad customer service satisfaction very bad!!!!!!  Kevin and i spoke twice and the employee that took care of me is no longer a employee at that store but i had mention to Kevin cameras don't lie the cameras in the store would show everything me handing the employee the trade in phone and him looking it over and taking it  and the cameras should also pick up where he walk with the phone when we left the store.Kevin said they are investigating the situation and his superiors would get in touch with me but that has not happened.I know they can locate that phone with the id numbers and prosecute who has it and how they got it But i don't have any faith in this company they are dragging their feet all they are concern about is taking money out of my account every month while they take their sweet time I'm paying for two phones that i can't understand. I live on a budget as a  retired senior citizen and I'm also out  $90.00 for replacing a new screen on my trade in phone.So you tell me who got beat up me!!   Thank You and god bless you Frank

0 Likes
TifanyB85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found out this happened to me!! My trade-in was stolen after I visited the South Lakeland Florida store. Conveniently, their cameras only go back 30 days and I traded it in February— not only that miraculously someone else traded it last month! A phone that hadn’t left my possession from the day it was unboxed until I traded it. 

I’ve been chasing them around for 3 months to figure out why I hadn’t gotten my promo imagine my surprise to learn not only am I a victim of a crime they “can’t” do anything about it - and I won’t be getting the $600. 

0 Likes
Apokalyps
Enthusiast - Level 2

How did that answer or resolve this persons issues????

0 Likes
Apokalyps
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this happen to me in the Orlando reseller store. I tagged in my phone's and three months later no credit. Turns out that the manager that took my trade in was fired. I am assuming for stealing phone's. I contacted the stores corporate office and Verizon with no luck. What can i do. They don't give you proof of the trade in. I need this resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting this resolved. The easiest solution would be to have the store contact us while you are present, and have it noted to your account. This way we would be able to assist after it is noted that this did happen. I hope this makes sense. *Gert

0 Likes