Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-in problem not resolved
Lucadog

On August 17, 2022 I logged into my Verizon account. I linked in on the chat to see about purchasing a new phone because, it seemed, I could take advantage of the $800 trade-in discount of my old Note 5 phone. 

The agent told me I did qualify and the price of my new Samsung S22+ would be $199 . About $6.00 a month.

I received the nee S22+ two days later along with all the accessories I also purchased through this conversation with the Verizon agent.

However there was no information, no return kit, nothing as to where to send my old phone for the trade-in. I would not receive the discount price until Verizon received my trade-in.

I logged into the Verizon chat and tried to resolve this issue, three different times.

Twice I was told my phone did not qualify for the trade in $800 discount and one agent offered to fill out a trade-in at his end after saying he actually did see I qualified for the $800 discount. Unfortunately the chat was interrupted and lost. 

I went back to the chat and of course was connected to a different agent who, then, after going through the whole tedious story again told me he apologized but I did not qualify for the $ 800 discount and to go to a Verizon store location to return the phone for a refund. I'm afraid to do this because it seems like nobody knows about anything and no call logs are kept about previous communication.

How do I get the discount that I was promised by yhe first Verizon agent.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in problem not resolved
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I don't blame you for feeling frustrated by mixed messages . 2015's Samsung Galaxy Note 5 does not qualify for the $800 trade in promotion. Here is more about our return options.
https://www.verizon.com/support/return-exchange-procedures/ 

-David

0 Likes